PDA

View Full Version : Flydubai recruiting??

If it aint Boeing
30th Jun 2014, 18:39
Has anyone got any info on the flydubai assessment days? I was told by a friend working there that they are running selections in NZ for type rated and non type rated FOs??

DeltaT
1st Jul 2014, 07:39
Yes looks to be something here (https://flydubai.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&portal=101430233#), which I presume is connected with CTC, but can't read anymore about the process.

Type rated pilots must meet the below requirements

• B737-300 to 900 (NG/EFIS) endorsed within the last 24 months
• At least 1,500 hours total flying time
• At least 500 hours on B737-300 to 900 (NG/EFIS) type aircraft

Education and Experience

• University degree is preferable
• High school diploma is essential
• International aviation experience is preferable

Non Type Rated Pilots must meet the below requirements

• At least 2,500 hours total flying time
• At least 1,000 hours on modern (EFIS), multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft over 10 tonnes operating weight (preference will be given to those with PIC time)

Education and Experience

• University degree is preferable
• High school diploma is essential
• International aviation experience is preferable

NoN1
1st Jul 2014, 09:47
Hey any idea when they will be in NZ?

If it aint Boeing
1st Jul 2014, 14:23
Delta T,

I have found that info as well. Judging by the number of aircraft they have had delivered recently plus the number they have on order, it looks like they need a lot of pilots.

Boeing, flydubai Finalize Order for 75 737 MAXs - Jan 6, 2014 (http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2014-01-06-Boeing-flydubai-Finalize-Order-for-75-737-MAXs)

By the looks of it, they are running recruitment sessions everywhere and I was told by my friend that if they get the numbers to make it worthwhile then they would come to NZ but when he wasn't sure. It probably all depends on the number of people applying??

mjjc
4th Jul 2014, 07:12
Cool hope they get the numbers

If it aint Boeing
21st Jul 2014, 12:28
Just heard that they have got some applications but not enough currently to run the selection. Apparently the selection is open to Australian pilots as well and provided they get numbers that are worth them coming, the selection will be towards the end of October maybe November with start dates not too far away after that. Apparently a selection in Oz is not off the table either depending on interest.

Lets make sure we tell everyone know that might be interested to apply!! From what I have been told, there are jobs for everyone who applies if they meet the grade.

pull-up-terrain
21st Jul 2014, 23:16
Have you seen the destinations Fly Dubai operates to? Pretty much every **** hole war torn country that exists in the Middle East and Africa. That's why they are struggling to get the numbers.

HappyBandit
22nd Jul 2014, 04:24
Yeah I too have been looking at this outfit and have the mins for the type rated driver, however I would urge ppl to do their own due diligence. There is heaps of info on prune on the search pages.

Good luck

If it aint Boeing
23rd Jul 2014, 19:24
pull up terrain,

Are you sure the recruitment drive is a reflection of the destinations they fly to leading to a requirement for crew or rather the number of aircraft they have on order?

Happy bandit makes a good point though and interviews are a two way street which should form part of any due diligence. Anyone who isn't "interviewing the company" at the same time they are being interviewed for a job, isn't really doing their due diligence. That goes for anyone... ANZ, Qantas, CX etc etc they all have their benefits and drawbacks.

mjjc
25th Jul 2014, 08:02
Has anyone applied and heard back from CTC? I applied last week and nothing heard. Maybe an automated reply advising that my application has been received might have come through, but nothing yet.

https://flydubai.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&alt=1

Just curious :hmm:

SAABGUY
25th Jul 2014, 12:17
G'day all
I just got an email inviting me to come to the UK assessment on the 14th of august.
Does anyone know anything about the selection process?
Has anyone done it already?
Is it some pipe dream scam or is this a good opportunity?
Personally I think it is, but I would appreciate feedback from anyone in the know.
Cheers!