PDA

View Full Version : sunstate

airborne1
23rd May 2002, 15:34
can anyone tell me when sunstate is proposing their next training school.. Like roughly when? Someone mentioned when the new qantas uniforms come out when might that be? Also with hold files how long do they hold you.! Is it possible to get job and put application on hold for a later commencement date. Any clues would be so helpful

Am having career crisis!!

thanks

ditzyboy
23rd May 2002, 22:42
Dunno if this is relevant but this was with Impulse in 2000... I put off two ground schools before I started. So that was almost two months after I was accepted.

flying_fox
24th May 2002, 00:10
Sunnies tend to take on enough staff to cover their losses through career progression plus natural attrition (generally from maternity leave). So every 6 months or so, you can expect them to take on between 4 and 6 new flight attendants (most ground schools for career progression are held every six months and take with them 4 of Sunstate's staff). I have heard that this number for career progression is going to increase in the future because the Regional's numbers are now so high and 4 just isnt enough to keep moving them through. (things have become quite congested with this concept and troops are frustrated and it sounds like management are very keen to change it for them)

In the past you could have been on the wait list to start at Sunstate for 12 months, however, things are moving rapidly in the industry at the moment and I wouldn't expect it to be that long at all. (maybe about 3 months after completion of the medical/third interview)

I am not sure about your last question. Are you asking: if you do receive a position with Sunstate can you accept the position but then decline a ground school for a later date? I would think that if you received a position and declined a start date you may miss your chance, but in saying that it would also depend upon what reasons you tell them you are asking to postpone. Do your homework before you decide to decline a ground school - they may think you are not 100% keen and have literally 100's of people who would kick their door down for your job. All I am saying is be very careful in your approach if you want to keep your options open.

Good luck with it all, bye for now....:)

cabinboy
28th May 2002, 08:33
Airborne,

I certainly would not delay or pass up the oppurtunity for a ground school with sunnies. My ground school with sunnies started 3 weeks after my last interview so as you can see the appoitment date can vary from 6-7 months to weeks according to operational requirements for them.

It is very hard to get into any airline with a BNE base so say "yes" if they offer you a start date ! GOOD LUCK:)