PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways hiring Second Officers

cyrilroy21
25th Jun 2014, 18:09
QR2799 - Second Officer - Flight Deck | Qatar Airways | Doha
Organisation:Qatar AirwaysJob Function:Flight Deck CrewDivision:Flight OperationsEmployment Type:Full Time - PermanentCity:Middle East | Qatar | DohaLast date of application:24-Jul-2014
Qatar Airways

Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high

From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.

We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.

We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages and Doha based employees receive a range of allowances and enjoy a tax-free income.

About your job:
Qatar Airways is currently seeking applications from Second Officer candidates. You would be joining the worlds best airline as our fleet and route network grows and expands on an unprecedented scale over the comming years.

You will be based in our Doha hub where you and your family can experience an enviable expatriate lifestyle where the sun always shines and the beaches beckon! Only a 6 hour flight from Europe, the sub continent and North Africa, Doha is a great centrally located hub to explore and experience many new places and cultures.

About you:
To apply for this opportunity in our Flight Deck team you must meet the following minimum requirements:

Valid ICAO ATPL or Frozen ATPL(ATPL Theory Passes/Credits and MCC)Valid Instrument rating; andValid Class one medical; andEnglish language proficiency level 4 or above; andNot older than 30 years at time of joining Qatar Airways Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
3. C.V.
4. Passport copy
5. Licence and English proficiency level
6. Valid instrument rating
7. Valid Medical
8. last 2 full pages of log book
9. M.C.C
10. Frozen ATPL Exam passes
11. Other Document

Qatar Airways Careers - Current Opportunities (http://careers.qatarairways.com/qatarairways/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=60899&source=AviationJobs.Me)

b737air
26th Jun 2014, 07:55
:D Finally a chance! Applied today! Good luck!

artlite
26th Jun 2014, 10:44
Thanks for throwing a bone

Error
The vacancy that you are trying to apply for does not exist or has been closed.
Please return to the vacancy list and try another vacancy.

cyrilroy21
26th Jun 2014, 11:00
They seem to have forwarded the last date to apply from 24th July ( I had copy pasted the original last date in the first post ; look above ) to 26th June 2014 i.e today :eek:

Aleboni
26th Jun 2014, 11:01
just time to go out home to scanner documents and i found application closed...how is it possible??? -.-

hungarian_aviator
26th Jun 2014, 11:23
I am in the same boat as many of you.

"Last date of application:26-Jun-2014 (currently 2:22pm in Doha and the applications is already closed)"

This is hardly called professional even in Eastern Europe. :ugh:

Air France One
26th Jun 2014, 11:34
Looks like a golden opportunity for all of us waiting out there!

For guys complaining about this adjustment of application window: Qatar is probably dealing with thousands of applications at the moment, definitely more than enough. That might be part of the selection, being quick enough to the complete the application.

Good luck to all of you who managed to apply.

immelmann87
26th Jun 2014, 13:15
Wow, that was quick!

I agree with Air France One, that despite extremely short window, they are probably having a lot of work to do with CVs review. Can't wait to see what will happen next!

Best of luck to fast applicants. :)

Captain Bundy
26th Jun 2014, 13:57
Flying to Doha next week. Maybe I should just swing by the Head Office and put my application in there :ok:

luc753
26th Jun 2014, 15:23
Amazing. By chance i saw the offer yesterday.
I sent directly and i had no answer answer from them only we are looking with your cv. Not the last email that you have received...
Hope to go forward and good luck for all

luc753
26th Jun 2014, 16:48
I attached yesterday at the end of the application during the online form.
In the email they said "This is to inform you that we are currently processing your application and will update you in due course". but it was a no reply email.
But then i had no answer (the error message) like some people had today.
So, i think that they will/are processing my application.
I just hope to go far...

luc753
26th Jun 2014, 17:18
Yes. I was just saying that for someone who sent the application yesterday. He hadn't received the error message. So, I think they will really check the application and I don't know what will be the next steps. And I wish like all applicant to go far...

luc753
26th Jun 2014, 17:24
The email sent to someone who got a failure answer. On the post, he said first error then what they said on the email...

Mr.JK
26th Jun 2014, 17:28
Saw it yesterday but decided to sleep on it to produce a "5-Star Application" for my "5-Star Career" as they put it. I just wish they directly wrote that only a limited amount of applications would be accepted instead of saying applications go until 24/7/2014. I even thought: "Wow, thousands will apply for this!"

Was there some Why do you want to work for Qatar Airways? in the application or other writing questions so I can have something meaningful ready in case they open it again for a few hours?

marcoBCN
26th Jun 2014, 17:45
Negative Mr.JK, no questions like that. Just some infos and you must attach you passport, medical, license, last two pages of your logbook, MCC and TEA certificate and your CV.

luc753
26th Jun 2014, 18:25
On the 2nd reply of the topic. I don't know the guy. He said " error,the vacancy that you are trying to apply..."

G-GOLF
26th Jun 2014, 18:36
Gutted! Like many, just attempted to finish it after work. Good luck all, great to see a chance like this come up. Keep us posted on how things progress! For the rest of us, hopefully it'll reopen again soon.

luc753
26th Jun 2014, 18:45
Oki. But on your choice, you said the no reply answer or a failure answer. I thought that he received this via an email not via the website. So, no problem. Good luck for everybody

Mr.JK
26th Jun 2014, 18:54
I hope it moves somewhere and you achieve a better progress than these guys:

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/288896-joining-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know-about-threads-merged-369.html#post8537928

Good luck and keep the updates coming.

captainbam
27th Jun 2014, 01:48
Filled out half of this application yesterday, log on today to finish and the portal is already closed??

PlanetEarth
27th Jun 2014, 03:40
That was indeed rather quick. Hopefully they're just changing something and re-posting, but I have my doubts.

Does anyone know what the time from SO to FO would be in Qatar anyway?

BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES
27th Jun 2014, 07:26
Good luck to those applying. You will need a great deal of patience in this outfit. Usually a TR takes about 3 months to complete from arriving to final line check. In the chaos that is QR trg expect 6-12 months.
Perhaps that has changed nowadays, but a couple of years ago and my goodness. They didn't even know where their own cadets were (in terms of location and or phase of trg).
If you can put up with this and other issues in the other thread then well done. Just be prepared, that is all. Above all else, enjoy.

Azadpanchi
27th Jun 2014, 14:00
Any one knows if it will open again..??

b737air
28th Jun 2014, 15:40
I don't think that a company like Qatar would do that! How can you say to hundreds of applicants, "sorry it was a mistake"? In the worst case, they will respond to everyone who applied that they were unsuccesfull and thank you for your application, or even worst, they will not answer at all but I have doubts about the latter.

Captain Bundy
30th Jun 2014, 16:14
I'm in Doha on Thursday do you think it is worth my time to drop in and hand an application in while I am there? Or are they just going to be like ????

Luke SkyToddler
30th Jun 2014, 16:30
Bundy you won't achieve anything by doing that, if you go to QR head office there's nobody to "hand your application to", just a couple of security guards in the lobby who will tell you to GTFO if you don't have a specific appointment with a specific individual. There's a drop box by the front door specifically for CVs, but they don't get any special treatment, they get loads of Indians and Filipinos all day long trying to drop off their own or their friend's CV for office and cabin crew jobs :suspect:

A330ETOPS
30th Jun 2014, 22:25
I applied for S/O in Jun 2011. Was offered an interview the day after I sent my online application. 2 days later I was told there had been an error & no S/O recruitment would be taking place.

Luke SkyToddler
1st Jul 2014, 04:21
You guys need to understand the different mentality down there

Most of the office clerks come from a certain continent where corruption and bribery is an accepted way of doing business

If they call someone for interview, and, subsequent to that, somebody else makes contact through a friend-of-a-friend and offers a little gift to someone to "fast track" their CV, you might suddenly find that there's been an "error" in your application :hmm:

It's just the way of life down there, every month on the roster you might find that the nice Bali or Zurich flight you used all your bidding points for, gets taken off you by SMS the night before (and normally replaced with something horrific like Khartoum or Dhaka). Check who replaced you on the flight, it's always the same handful of names. I was offered on a couple of occasions if I would like to pay QR2000 a month for "custom roster" :rolleyes: , and in the time I was there one very senior management pilot was kicked out after he was blatantly caught charging his old mates from Jet Airways $US20,000 for direct entry command positions.

I'm not saying that everyone in the company has joined like that and I'm not saying it's impossible to get in without connections, but I am saying don't be surprised if your application gets rejected after initially being successful, there's other forces at play.

hungarian_aviator
1st Jul 2014, 23:14
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering that how many of us had just received an email from Qatar Airways to finish up the application for the Second Officer position?

All the Best, :ok:

N5748E
2nd Jul 2014, 00:13
wilco, will update on the forum if the email comes in. As of now only the first email saying "that we are currently processing your application and will update you in due course".

immelmann87
2nd Jul 2014, 10:51
Is anybody else experiencing issues with logging in to the application system?

MadCaddie
2nd Jul 2014, 11:07
yup, I was about to click on the "attach" button when the runtime error sprun in my face... trying to reload the page since a couple hrs... :ugh:

gnome11
2nd Jul 2014, 12:33
It has sorted now. I had the same problem.

I am not convinced that the invitation to complete your application was not juat an automated message, I feel we may have still missed the boat. No harm submitting it anyhow....

G-GOLF
2nd Jul 2014, 16:07
Got the email, seemed automated as it was very late at night. However before that email arrived, I could not click through and choose to update my application. Submitted now so lets see what happens.

luc753
2nd Jul 2014, 16:44
Great for you G-GOLF. Welcome back in the process... For the moment nothing since the first automated email " we are processing..." good luck for everybody

G-GOLF
2nd Jul 2014, 17:08
Thanks, everything crossed! Good luck all!

PlanetEarth
2nd Jul 2014, 20:50
All submitted. 2500 hours with unfrozen ATP, but no jet time. So we'll see how it goes, or if they are actually hiring at all

Standfor
5th Jul 2014, 18:40
Does anybody have "application status" other than "new"?

It says that to me. Applied 25th June

immelmann87
5th Jul 2014, 21:01
Same for me and I have also applied that day.

Based on the stories, which may be found on this forum, we should expect a loooong wait before anything will eventually happen.

B767PL
10th Jul 2014, 06:04
This SO position is for a relief, or cruise officer?

Or is this the SO Qatar once had, that it is basically a F.O who has to do XX amount of cycles with training Captain before he jumps over to the FO contract?

Thanks and good luck guys. :ok:

cyrilroy21
14th Jul 2014, 06:57
Looks like they have opened the application window again and today 14th July is the last date to apply

QR2799 - Second Officer - Flight Deck | Qatar Airways | Doha
Organisation:Qatar AirwaysJob Function:Flight Deck CrewDivision:Flight OperationsEmployment Type:Full Time - PermanentCity:Middle East | Qatar | DohaLast date of application:14-Jul-2014
Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways Careers - Current Opportunities (http://careers.qatarairways.com/qatarairways/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=60899)

immelmann87
14th Jul 2014, 07:36
This is the weirdest recruitment I've ever seen.

natis
14th Jul 2014, 10:57
Here is the reply when you press ''apply for this vacancy'':

"Error
The vacancy that you are trying to apply for does not exist or has been closed.
Please return to the vacancy list and try another vacancy."

???

G-GOLF
15th Jul 2014, 16:11
Application status still says 'New'. Very strange the whole thing, maybe we'll start to hear since the original date has now passed!

luc753
17th Jul 2014, 09:35
Same here for the status.
Just read this Press Release | Qatar Airways (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/press-release.page?pr_id=pressrelease_boeing-order-100-fia-160714&CID=SMALL0678502232000000001105)
Hope it will be more seats available for SO....

Trent1000
17th Jul 2014, 11:08
I guess we have to be very relaxed on this one. Wait and hope. Check mail account every day and we will see what happens.
Qatar is expanding very very quick. They have RE joining the company, DEC and then there are SO now.
I'm still happy that there is an opportunity like this. As soon as there is anything new considering my application, I will forward it to you guys too!

RWY_31R
18th Jul 2014, 11:51
They asked for Frozen ATPL and MCC, so are they only considering European qualified pilots or would ICAO/FAA licenses do?

I ask because there is no need to pass 14 ATPL exams and MCC course for ICAO/FAA training. :confused:

PlanetEarth
20th Jul 2014, 05:15
Quote from a recruiting manager: "We opened up the second officer position but got over 2000 application in 2 days so we had to close it".
Quote nr2: "We don't need any more second officers"

luc753
20th Jul 2014, 07:46
It's what I thought why they closed rapidly the application.... For the second quote. Do they have now enough SO or is it with the future candidate, when all the selection + training done?

PlanetEarth
20th Jul 2014, 11:19
It was more towards the people present (Roadshow).
I think most of the candidates are selected through the cadet program, and not so many through applications.
Will still probably take some from the applications they did get, but not sure how they sort them

luc753
20th Jul 2014, 12:55
Thanks for your answer. Wait, hope and be ready. Just the only thing to do now...

Louai
21st Jul 2014, 09:00
Did anyone get a response from QA ?

Louai
21st Jul 2014, 09:04
How long does it usually take to get an initial response from QA other then that automated email anyone know ?

pfvspnf
21st Jul 2014, 13:01
Just curious to know how many of you would take a relief pilot job ? No take offs or landings,not logging 100% of the flight time and no promise or timeline for upgrade .

Great opportunity for a 200 hour wonder but if you already hold an atpl with jet or turbo prop time, would this be the right move ?

pfvspnf
21st Jul 2014, 15:50
Thnx for clearing that up, so would an SO be assigned to the wide bodied fleet right away where they fly with an instructor for an extended period of time? or would they only keep them for the narrow bodies on short haul?

FlyingHigh330
22nd Jul 2014, 04:27
S/O's have been assigned to the A320 or A330 fleets for the now, I don't know if they will put them on the 787 as well. For your info flying on the A330 doesn't mean you only do long haul as you can do between 1 and 4 sectors and a certain day. Also the A320 has a lot of pretty long flights and nice layovers.

pfvspnf
22nd Jul 2014, 09:38
How many sectors is it for an SO to be released compared to a new hire FO?

Louai
25th Jul 2014, 00:31
i think its between 70-90 sectors

Mr.JK
29th Jul 2014, 16:09
Is it open again now? It doesn't give the usual error that the position is closed and allows to register. Date given still 14-Jul though.

antes56
30th Jul 2014, 08:11
Probably is gonna be a long wait...

wonderland
30th Jul 2014, 08:33
Ex colleague just got the email, get ready guys.

goaround_track
30th Jul 2014, 10:09
the email!! has your friend received the invitation for the assessment? has anyone else received such invitation? :D:D

wonderland
30th Jul 2014, 10:49
He was from OAA, zero hours but type rated on the A320.

Pilot.Gharib
24th Aug 2014, 08:58
Hello,
i have applied as well and got another email as the same first email?????
are you sure your friend got the assesment email???
if so could you please share with us the email it self.
Thank you and good luck to your friend.

v4city
11th Sep 2014, 17:55
Good Day Guys

any info about the SO application status.

thanks in advance

Standfor
15th Sep 2014, 11:18
Applied June 25th

Application status: New

It has been like that since I have applied.. it never changed in something else

pilot4eva
21st Oct 2014, 09:17
Just got a reply from one of the HR guys responsible for flight deck crew hiring at QR.He said that the applications will be processed as and when need arises.Guess its going to be a long wait!

v4city
21st Oct 2014, 13:35
@ Pilot4eva

So the answer is there, those with a hand is already in.

pilot4eva
21st Oct 2014, 16:31
@v4city
thats another way to look at it.But personally I think they will process some of our applications sometime next year.With 8 A350's,couple of A380 and787's,the constant deliveries of 777's they will need SO's!just being positive.... job applications at QR for all vacancies take a long time...why can't they just say you are in the pool and will be considered for next year or the year after.

pilotchute
21st Oct 2014, 21:11
Guys, Qatar have some strange ideas when it comes to recruitment. There are still some SO's who interviewed nearly 2 years ago who haven't got start dates. They had put applications in probably a year before that. It's not a quick process.

Pprune is littered with Qatar threads on the topic. I'm not trashing Qatar just letting you know.

v4city
22nd Oct 2014, 00:54
@ pilot4eva

You are absolutely right. Waiting without a time frame is quite painful. Those of us having a different option even though if it is quite tough should move on, thats what I think.

pilot.india
3rd Dec 2014, 11:25
"This application has been submitted and can no longer be updated.
You can always update your Personal Details and Attachments from the Applicant Centre."

The Application status is still New but now i have started getting the above message when i log into my account.
Hope there is some activity regarding this matter.
Can anyone please shed some light on this.
Thank you

Kappa87
4th Dec 2014, 10:29
Applied in June and never heard back from them...

v4city
4th Dec 2014, 13:48
Haven't heard from them as well. I don't think we will be called in untill the 2012 guys have gone in.

Fieldins
4th Dec 2014, 15:08
Hi guys,
the same message for me! But now after a normal login everything is unchanged.

Pilote122
16th Dec 2014, 00:12
Hi guys
I have a freind of mine from Kuwait, he applied for the SO position on july
He passed all their exam and he was taken for this position
He toled me that he was placed in ( telen pool ) it means that they will call him very soon to start his training
Do you think that they will call us for their exam or it is done?
Thanx for your answers

v4city
16th Dec 2014, 11:42
@pilote122

Is he a citizen of Kuwait?

Pilote122
16th Dec 2014, 12:26
Yes he is Kuwaiti
Why?

v4city
16th Dec 2014, 15:25
GCC citizens are always prioritised. Others will have to wait for sure

Pilote122
16th Dec 2014, 15:54
What do u mean by GCC ?

speed_alive_rotate
16th Dec 2014, 16:00
Gulf Cooperation Council

Pilote122
16th Dec 2014, 17:51
Thanks for your answers guys

Any idea about the joining date for the cadets taken in 2012?

v4city
17th Dec 2014, 16:31
Remember reading before even the cadets don't have an idea

Pilote122
17th Dec 2014, 19:12
Sorry i didn't undrestand the situation :ugh:
I know some cadets who was taken in 2012 and now they are firest officer but when we read in this forum we find that there are some cadets still waiting
Can you confirme me please that the cadets who are waiting did all qatar airways exam, interview and simu and they are placed in tealented pool? :rolleyes:

v4city
18th Dec 2014, 06:39
There is nothing to be confirmed according to me because a company like Qatar airways will make sure everything is done before placing them. Correct me if I am wrong.

Pilote122
18th Dec 2014, 07:45
You are right
But i am asking if the cadets did their exams interview, simu and was palaced in talented pool or they are just applied and waiting their application to be processed??????

v4city
18th Dec 2014, 08:40
Everything done, just need to join

Pilote122
18th Dec 2014, 08:53
It is very streng
They reopen the SO programme and in the same time there are cadets waiting
Why? We don't know.....

Pilote122
22nd Dec 2014, 20:04
Qatar airways sent an employement update email to the candidats this morning
Who had this email?

iQatar
22nd Dec 2014, 20:16
@Pilote122

Do you mind telling us more. What is the update?

Pilote122
22nd Dec 2014, 21:56
They selected some of them to satrt their training and asked the rest to wait
Did u receive an email ( Qatar)?

v4city
22nd Dec 2014, 22:45
@ pilote 122

Do you any idea how many guys are waiting from the 2012 intake?

gene88
7th Jan 2015, 13:02
Anyone knows about the assesment fro the second officer position? What are they asking for? Could be interesting to have info like the ones you find on the ryanair thread:ok:

v4city
12th Jan 2015, 07:17
Good Day guys

Any of the 2012 guys who have updated their hours has had any response.

Fieldins
12th Jan 2015, 12:56
my status is still NEW

v4city
4th Feb 2015, 13:16
Anybody received a rejected letter from the talent pool?

Pilote122
5th Feb 2015, 08:37
What do you mean by rejected???and why??:sad:

v4city
5th Feb 2015, 13:57
Qatar airways will not accept anyone from the 2012 talent pool

Pilote122
5th Feb 2015, 17:29
How did you know that?and did you have their email to update the hours?

v4city
5th Feb 2015, 17:47
Email has been already sent to few other friends

Pilote122
5th Feb 2015, 18:06
Do u know if they had the email to update their hours before having the reject email?