PDA

View Full Version : EXCEL unrest???

nanna
23rd May 2002, 09:34
Heard a snippet that a certain Asst Psr had a bit of a clash with the Psr and got off downroute and made their own way home?.....and then resigned from the Co.? any truth in it?

BIG DICK
23rd May 2002, 10:47
I hadn't heard that story as yet, got some friends there who arn't happy working there so i'll try and get some info fo you. Also heard of other similar stories about the company, seems that not many people stay, does anyone know of any other stories about excel?

Regards BD

sweety
23rd May 2002, 12:49
I know somebody who left because of too much work ! Poor thing couldn't get enough rest..:(

password
26th May 2002, 03:13
Poor crews !!!

No work = no money = unhappy crew...loads of work = loads of money = unhappy crew..

Just how do you keep 'em happy :confused:

Don't you feel for them ?

Mad-Air
31st May 2002, 03:04
Well, The plot thickens........
The person concerned reported for work, but was unfit for duties really. Not sure who he used to work for but!
According to my information (very inside and the truth!), the Psr concerned was unhappy with his actions for the whole day. Others were aswell. Apparently it looked as though he had been inbibing in something (or things) which could have been deemed illegal (under the present law). More to the point he didn't care. Money from a bar was down (Manual Bar due to Computer failure), the person concerned didn't care. There is alot more information but you can draw your own conclusions.
He would have presented a major hazard to Flight Safety aswell due his actions and lack of respect for his colleagues.

How would have any of yourselves liked to have operated with someone who, plainly, didn't care about about his colleagues or anyonne else on-board the aircraft?!

Would you report for your duties totally unfit to do them ? Yes it does happen but there is a limit and this persons actions were totally unprofessional.

Excel is undergoing major changes after a very good first year, however, the crew establishment is quite low (mainly due to lower pay and temp. contracts), this is putting pressure on the "system" and if someone goes sick or resigns - What happens? - The pressure is added onto someone else (roster changes equals disrupted life).
If you don't like it - Don't join! But don't become a hazard to your colleagues.
:mad: :mad:

flightbunny
31st May 2002, 04:51
hi,

does excel have a web site????

rockboy
5th Jun 2002, 21:38
nanna! you know bloody well who caused the unrest at excel!
yes, it was true (sources at xla confirm)
definately on something more than what's normally allowed on a nightstop.......(esp 5th floor in mbj)....
bit of deja vu? from previous life, maybe?

CandyBender
6th Jun 2002, 09:23
Well folks news of this incident has also reached the lofty heights of Jubilee House (BA Crew Report at LGW for those not in the know) where the person concerned has ex-colleagues from all their previous lives. Whilst the account of this incident is portrayed is true this time....I had also heard a few months ago some tittle tattle to the same effect about this persons activities before leaving their previous airline.....and it is just that.....tittle tattle.
In this persons defence I flew with them on numerous occasions at another airline & was the Check Purser for most of their line training & whilst there IFAs were exemplary & several comp letters were received during their time there & we were sorry to lose this person back to their original airline.
The person concerned has a problem, we all know that & unfortunately they have not taken up the numerous offers of help from friends & colleagues, but it is not our place to exacerbate their situation so please don't lets damage this person's chances of a career if they do finally choose to get themselves out of the situation they are in.
I'm the first one to gossip......& lets face it this job thrives on it, but there is a fine line to be drawn & I for one don't cross it.

Psr777
6th Jun 2002, 10:02
Candy Bender, couldn't agree more
:p :p :p