PDA

View Full Version : Interviews

pom
22nd May 2002, 17:58
In the last week, I've has appointments for interviews with both Easyjet and DHL cancelled until an unspecified later date. With the recent takeover of Go by Easyjet, I could understand if their recruitment plans were put on hold, but with DHL as well I begin to smell a rat. Is this experience a general one, or is it restricted to my company alone? I work for Air 2000, and we are very short of pilots. Am I a victim of the Chief Pilots old boy network?

sapco2
22nd May 2002, 18:51
I work for DHL and I feel certain the chief pilot here would not be a party to the 'old boy' network, he's a good bloke with a very sound sense of fairplay. Recruitment is on hold due to ACL pilots being trained on the B757, it's as simple as that.

Smokie
22nd May 2002, 21:01
TRUST NO ONE. The Rat is probably very LARGE !

Just like in our company......

:eek: :eek: :eek:

The Greaser
22nd May 2002, 21:52
pom,

interested to hear easyJet have postponed your interview - if you look in most recent Flight Int'l (website anyway) they have a new ad for pilot vacancies. Does not seem to add up does it?

AMEX
23rd May 2002, 11:38
Hi
About a week before the Go EZ deal, I had heard there was a 3 weeks freeze on recruitment for EZ F/Os.
Dunno about DHL though.

Airbus Girl
24th May 2002, 10:11
pom, it is possible that EasyJet have information on you from an outside source. I know for a fact that they have previously turned down a pilot when (incorrect) information was received from a "friend" of the Chief Pilot. Unfortunately the information was not in writing, or the person who gave it would have been in court, as the information given was completely untrue. I do not know if the Chief Pilot has changed since that happened. I also believe the same thing happened recently to another Air 2000 pilot who applied for a position in EasyJet, was, I believe, given an interview date and then it was cancelled and the person was told that they would not be considered.