PDA

View Full Version : Duromine and Flying?

Andy_P
13th Jun 2014, 05:50
This is a pretty empty question in some ways. Long story short, I hit a kangaroo on my motorcycle 3 weeks ago, end result is a fractured leg and some tendon damage. I am pissed off because I was pretty close to completing my GFPT (PPL without the nav part). So I am grounded for the next 2-3 months provided I dont need surgery which is looking likely.

So being a big fella, I talked to the doc and decided to have a crack at duromine to get the weight down. I have 2 mates use it with great success over the period of 2-3 months with great long term results after they finished up. My only concern is how this may affect me when I get clearance to fly again. Obviously this will be discussed with my DAME, but I wont see him till the leg is healed up. Any thoughts?

Side affect of being grounded is I will be getting as many exams done as possible!

Jude098
13th Jun 2014, 09:26
Duromine is "speed" and similar to an amphetamine.

Certainly will not be able to fly if taking it and if taking it every day once you stop you will more than likely go cold turkey and want to die !!!

Also I think you can get done for driving under the influence.

Andy_P
14th Jun 2014, 13:08
Well day one and I can ascertain that Duromine suppresses the appetite. It also supresses sleep. No need to ask questions about flying and Duromine now. Not sure if there will be a day 2 for me.