PDA

View Full Version : Global Speed Protection

MD83FO
9th Jun 2014, 05:23
Good Morning, hopping i can find out when a specific A320 is MODed to Global Speed Protection.

Thank you.

vilas
9th Jun 2014, 12:03
Modification Number
Modification Title
AUTO FLIGHT-GENERAL-ACTIVATE GLOBAL SPEED PROTECTION AND F/D DISENGAGEMENT UPON SPEED CONSTRAINTS
Issue Date
12-FEB-2008

J.L.Seagull
9th Jun 2014, 13:28
Vilas,

Got a link for that? I'd like to read some more info, if possible.

MD83FO
9th Jun 2014, 16:49
Thank you Vilas, can i asume the pre-mod aircraft will not have mode reversion therefore they will enter normal law protections.

C_Star
9th Jun 2014, 17:34
Can anyone explain what is "global speed protection" on the Bus? It's first time I heard that term...

MD83FO
9th Jun 2014, 18:44
GSP adds aditional mode reversions to your flight director and autothrust before the normal protections take effect.

Fly3
9th Jun 2014, 23:26
Correct. There are two additional protections: one protects in the event that an excessive rate of climb or descent has been selected and the other protects against ham fisted pilots not following the flight director.

C_Star
10th Jun 2014, 07:13
Ok, got it! :ok:

I was aware of those mode reversions and how they worked. Didn't know though, that they were called GSP (I think FCOM makes no mention of this). Always thought it was a standard feature of the FMGS...

Thanks!

vilas
10th Jun 2014, 07:34
C_star, MD83, Fly3
Even before this MOD there was protection but it was through mode reversion, if excessive VS was selected in climb when speed reached VLS a mode reversion used to take place. From Speed/VS the FMGC/FD used to change to THR CLB/OP CLB similarly in descent from Speed/VS it used to change to THR IDL/OP DES. With this MOD the mode reversion doesn't take place instead the VS is boxed flashing amber and the AP temporarily abandons the target VS and automatically reduces the VS to maintain the VLS.

Cough
10th Jun 2014, 08:50
Wasn't aware - thanks..

How does it protect from

other protects against ham fisted pilots not following the flight director

Cheers!

MD83FO
10th Jun 2014, 16:32
Lovely.. thank you Vilas