PDA

View Full Version : Vincent aviation - who's taken/ing over their work

dragemon
8th Jun 2014, 10:59
IMO even though Vincent has fallen over, the mining runs they were doing have to be lucrative for a company with appropriate facilities/staffing. I believe Pearl has started doing the Jabiru ranger mine runs in their Metro's but with reduced payload compared to the 1900D this surely can't be sustainable?

So my question to all of you that know, who is going to step in here and take over this walk in a park contract of 50 odd people a day in and out of Jabiru.

a) Will pearl get their Dornier's they have been talking about for a long time (They got their dispensation to operate out of Jabiru)

b) Will Chartair get a couple of left over 1900D's considering the CP is good to go, all they'd have to do is add it onto their AOC

c) Airnorth?

d) Airsouth/rossair?

e).............:confused:

thorn bird
8th Jun 2014, 21:18
and it certainly aint cheap putting aircraft on AOC's!!

500N
8th Jun 2014, 21:44
The "shutdown" / lack of mining at Jabiru wouldn't have helped.

Bounceferret
9th Jun 2014, 07:51
Ranger while not producing still have a quite the stockpile which will see them out for several months and still roll with near full operational staff.
The prefered method of transit is still by air.
They are just waiting on the approval paperwork and 'negotiations' from the traditional owners to turn the decline from exploratory to operational.

I wouldn't worry about the future of Jabiru

Ozavatar
9th Jun 2014, 09:37
Does chartair have B1900 or have the capital to buy/lease few B1900 before someone else claim the victory at the expense of Vincent Aviation at all??

Also not to mention Hardy Aviation has the capacity and the aircraft to take most of Vincent runs but then again it would be good to know who picks up the runs after all.

Air south/Ross air???
Ross air cant do it as they have only C441 and they are pretty small GA Operator in SA.However Air South can do that as they already have few B1900 on their AOC.

Anyone got any better ideas???

Oz

Horatio Leafblower
9th Jun 2014, 10:54
Awesome Avn want a $50k deposit for a B1900 and $45k/month PLUS you pay for maintenance.

That is a shed load of money if you are speculating on RPT routes.

AirSouth have the advantage there as established operators on type and established customers of Awesome. They also have some deep pockets and hard business heads behind them.

Chartair are my next vote, but not sure they are positioned with the capital right now.

Hardy's? not sure they are positioned well for it either.

Good luck to all the Darwin players and espec to the displaced VN crew.