PDA

View Full Version : R44 Accident Mexico

Modtro
3rd Jun 2014, 23:05
Hi all,

Just hearing from a friend that a R44 went down a couple hours ago in Veracruz/ Mexico. No official release yet, it's said the pilot survived, at least for now. Does anyone else have any details??

Regards.

P.S.: title edited.

helihub
4th Jun 2014, 06:49
Acuatizaje de emergencia en laguna La Mancha, en Actopan | e-veracruz.mx | Periódico Digital de Noticias de Veracruz| México 2013 | (http://e-veracruz.mx/nota/2014-06-03/seguridad/acuatizaje-de-emergencia-en-laguna-la-mancha-en-actopan)

http://e-veracruz.mx/sites/default/files/styles/galleryformatter_slide/public/image_66.jpg

Thomas coupling
4th Jun 2014, 07:52
Quite artistic photo shot. Quite serene actually.
Could be a new advert for Robinson's:

"Next time - use Robinson floats".

John R81
4th Jun 2014, 09:27
Looks more like a forced landing than a crash. Looks like the pilot did a good job in getting down without loss of life, serious injury, and without destroying the airframe.

Chopper Doc
4th Jun 2014, 10:00
I think the water will be doing a fine job of destroying the airframe in the meantime. Nice to hear everyone walked away. I think that qualifies it as a good landing. A brilliant one is where they get to use the aircraft again! ;-)

John R81
4th Jun 2014, 10:45
Salt or fresh water?
How long immersed?
How treated immediately following?

Airframe will require some attention but I would not have expected an aircraft w/o. It will be interesting to hear more when news is available.

Modtro
4th Jun 2014, 14:38
It was indeed a forced landing, my apologies for the incorrect statement. Glad to see everyone walked/ swam away.

Thomas coupling
4th Jun 2014, 18:44
Good to see the removal of another robinson product from the planet though, one has to admit. With luck we will eventually run out of them.:D

CRAZYBROADSWORD
4th Jun 2014, 20:35
Thomas coupling how can you possibly say that ?! Robinson is the ultimate form of recycling ! Man extracts raw materials out of the ground, frank turns said material into a helicopter and then the pilot puts it back into the ground :)

pants on fire...
5th Jun 2014, 04:31
Looks like a very good solution to avoiding a post accident fire. Maybe they could recommend that all R-44 accidents utilize the same fire suppression concept?

Vertical Freedom
5th Jun 2014, 07:08
Good to see the removal of another robinson product from the planet though, one has to admit. With luck we will eventually run out of them.:D

So eloquently put Thomas coupling, I whole hardheartedly concur :ok:

rantanplane
7th Jun 2014, 08:15
Is this the new model 'Robinson Cru(i)soe' ? :8

Rotor Work
7th Jun 2014, 12:04
The Engine's flooded again!!