PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian DCA Clearance

quietflyer
3rd Jun 2014, 03:50
I have received a job offer several months ago and they started my DCA clearance.

A couple of times I have been asked to submit copies of additional documents not previously requested and the employer has stated its still in process.

Can anyone whos been through this give me a timeline they have experienced.

Also if you have any advice on whom to contact with the Malaysian DCA.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:ugh:

carsickpuppy
3rd Jun 2014, 09:40
About two or three months should do it, that's what it took a couple of years ago anyway, at the time I had to sit for the Malaysian Air Law exam in KL and then a checkride for the license validation. Obtaining the work permit was the longest as Ramadan took place during the process and things slowed down a bit further in a part of the World where time seems to be in surplus anyway. :}

I would trust in your new company's HR and Ops departments for your info as finding a source in the DCA may be difficult. Good luck, several months seems like a long time for answers.

WLM
3rd Jun 2014, 12:49
Carsickpuppy is right on the money, nothing happens in a hurry with DCA Malaysia

If you try to contact them directly it will even slow down the application further... I suggest you have your HR dept email you the Airlaw test 1 and 2 sample papers to practice, as do not think for a minute it will be a walk in the park..many have failed on their first attempts

If your job offer is done by an Offshore operator, could be as stated 3 months or so; if not an offshore operator, anything up to 12 months

Your position has to be advertised locally first; if no Malaysian can fill it, then your work permit will be considered favorably and only then will DCA proceed with your license validation

Regards
WLM

vfr440
3rd Jun 2014, 13:03
Not to put a damper on this discussion, but isn't Ramadan in around 4 weeks? That will curtail a lot of activity (from personal experience) - VFR

rotorboy
3rd Jun 2014, 13:10
QF

We were just talking about this last night. A friend of mine has been waiting more than 90 days now for his DCA approval ( same company i imagine). Same answers. He did receive an an email 30 days ago stating they were still working on it. But all quiet on that front since then.

RB

Garfs
3rd Jun 2014, 15:31
The Malaysian DCA )like most other Malaysian Govt departments are not known for their efficiency.

Nothing is clear cut and rules change by the second. Someone is always away on leave or on a course so things get slowed down or even grind to a halt.

Bureaucracy is second to none in Malaysia. However get to know the right people and things are done in an instant.

Let your HR dept deal and I hope you get your work permit soon

quietflyer
4th Jun 2014, 04:21
I appreciate the responses I feel a little bit better! It is for an offshore company and I am type rated so I would imagine the type rating is not common in Malaysia.