PDA

View Full Version : job offer but not instrument current

Jay_solo
2nd Jun 2014, 09:00
Out of curiosity, has anyone started type training/ground school with an operator while not being instrument current?

TRY2FLY
2nd Jun 2014, 09:45
Your IR needs to be current the day you start type rating. Can lapse during but must be current on rating day one

Jay_solo
2nd Jun 2014, 10:54
Thanks for the response. But is that a regulatory stipulation or a general practice at the descretion of the operator?

B737900er
2nd Jun 2014, 13:24
Its required under legislation. You will be able to find it in CAP 804.

Pace152
2nd Jun 2014, 13:48
Seem to remember reading somewhere that the I/R's only got to be current if it's your first type rating.

portsharbourflyer
9th Jun 2014, 08:47
Council Van, I would agree with you based on the JAA rules in LASORS from 2008 and before, but not so sure CAP 804 is quite so clear cut.

Under JAA land, a current single pilot ME IR was only required for the first multi crew rating, any subsequent multi crew ratings did not require either single pilot or previous multi crew IR to be current.

However I am not so sure that this now applies the same under EASA, LASORS very clearly stated the above, However CAP 804 still states an ME IR is required, so although second multi crew type ratings do not require a current Single Pilot IR, it still suggests that the multi crew IR from the previous type still needs to be current before starting another type rating.

Could any one clarify?