PDA

View Full Version : UK Heli Expo

chopper2004
31st May 2014, 10:13
Whose going to sunny Northants for two days of sun and fun? :ok:

I noticed on the exhibitor list that its sans Airbus Helicopters UK let alone the static display bar one EC135 mock up by Airborne Systems.

Interesting to see Bell / Heli Charter has a sizeable presence there.

According to UK web, there are meant to be

"See live demonstrations of the versatile role of helicopters in various missions, including flight displays, tactical demonstrations and emergency scenarios."

Can anyone shed any light on the demos please as when I click on the heading, takes me back me to the list of the sectors off the industry. Not sure if it be anything on the scale of the likes of Airborne Angels scenario at RIAT last year.

Cheers

md 600 driver
31st May 2014, 15:49
I am going Tuesday if the wx is ok anyone else ?

helihub
3rd Jun 2014, 08:05
chopper2004 - I think demos means potential buyers getting demo flights. Heli UK Expo is for people who already know what helicopters can do, so there's no need for some fancy scenario for Joe Public like RIAT was.

In association with HCGB, Heli UK Expo will host an Air Challenge Qualifying Round and Finals over two days too. Info here (http://www.heliukexpo.com/news/heli-uk-expo-challenge-cup-announced/)

Lots of Cabris due - figure of five quoted somewhere out of the seven in the UK so far (there's a further 8 on order of this new type too)

HQ Aviation has an impressive line up (https://www.facebook.com/flyermagazine/photos/pb.186629168024068.-2207520000.1401782468./783583001662012/?type=3&theater) too

Heliair have the first R66 on an EASA registration (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=287220224771805&set=pb.236765823150579.-2207520000.1401782666.&type=3&theater)

Sloane have a variety of aircraft too

and more, I'm sure...

Chris P Bacon
3rd Jun 2014, 16:46
Where is everyone? The morning started promisingly, but then the visitors dried up.
If you have a couple of spare hours tomorrow, come along, say hello and do a little networking.The big OEMs might not be here, but there are plenty of us to do a little business with or share a coffee.

heli1
4th Jun 2014, 07:49
Visited yesterday....more helicopters than Helitech that's for sure and Bell 505 mockup centre stage but where was BHA? Still sulking after Helitech debacle?
Good effort by the organisers but not exactly heaving with visitors I thought.

longbox
4th Jun 2014, 08:10
We had a great day on day 1, the 505 was very popular from the beginning to the end of the day with orders placed

Evalu8ter
4th Jun 2014, 16:43
Weather pretty poor today - people still finding bits of blade tip and refuel spot roof after yesterday's excitement. Nice little show, good networking to be had. Shame some of the seminars were not better attended but I've had a worthwhile couple of days.

Chopper, pleased to report that normal service is resumed and I'm not drinking coke in the Aviator this time!

md 600 driver
4th Jun 2014, 18:56
not a bad show for the first one shame wx wasnt better didnt fiond much info on the seminars so not surprised

nigelh
9th Jun 2014, 23:54
Flew in on Tuesday mainly to see the 505 in the flesh . Having sat in it I can say that it am very happy that I will be getting one of the first to be delivered .
The cockpit is even better than a 350 . Huge luggage hold . Full glass cockpit .
I took a friend who currently is not a pilot and he was so impressed he paid a deposit on one there and then !! I still do not understand how you can take all the moving parts from an L4 Long Ranger ( $2.6m approx ) and add a modern cockpit with glass cockpit , then put in a Turbomeca engine ..........
All for $1,075 m. Which is not much more than an R66 !!!! Who wants to bet what the price will be when deliveries start in 2 years ??!!

Nubian
10th Jun 2014, 10:18
I took a friend who currently is not a pilot and he was so impressed he paid a deposit on one there and then !!

Hehehe, any helicopter is normally impressive for a non-pilot... so, not surprised there.
It is after all a 2 bladed, EC120-copy with a conventional t/r in best Bell efficiency.... who wouldn't want that?!? :E

nigelh
10th Jun 2014, 19:54
Well , pretty much identical performance but this one has full glass cockpit AND is nearly $1m cheaper !!!! You could actually by a new 505 AND an R66 for the same price as a fully spec 120 . Now which one would you prefer IF you were paying for it out of your own pocket !!!!!

HeliHenri
10th Jun 2014, 20:18
All for $1,075 m. Which is not much more than an R66 !!!! Who wants to bet what the price will be when deliveries start in 2 years ??!!

Hello nigelh,
Do you mean that the price will be much higher for the first deliveries ?
Bu your price will not change, it is a fixed one isn't it ?

nigelh
10th Jun 2014, 21:53
What I mean is that an EC120 @ nearly $1m more than the new Bell is not correct . The Bell will ( if it comes as promised) do everything the 120 will do . It will fit into people's hangars easier and will be cheaper to hangar . It has brand new avionics package . Either the 120 will reduce drastically in price OR the 505 will pop into the middle of the gap ...ie approx $1.5m . The same principle with the R66 . Why would you even think of a 66 when it is so very little less than a 505 ..... Which is what I would call a proper helicopter !!!
Don't forget it is effectively an L4 LongRanger with 2 less seats but $1.6m cheaper .....!! I am sorry to the Robbos lovers but I do think the L4 is a far more rugged and proven design than the 66 , and so it should be at over 3 x the price . And yes the price is fixed with max 3% increase p. a. :ok: