PDA

View Full Version : Another EASA Question..

Ian_Wannabe
30th May 2014, 16:06
Hi guys,

I have a JAR issued licence which needs converting to EASA as of last April. Can I still fly on this before its converted (it's still in date, SOP rating etc in date) or is it only legal for me to fly and log once its EASA?

Thanks.

Prop swinger
30th May 2014, 16:17
Can I still fly on this before its converted?Yes.

JAR licences & medicals automatically became EASA licences & medicals overnight back in 2012. The licence will still need to be renewed & you will then get a non-expiring EASA licence.

Ian_Wannabe
30th May 2014, 16:52
Thanks Prop Swinger - So I can wait until this licence expires and when I renew it will just be a non-expiring EASA licence?

I was having a good old gripe to someone because I was under the impression that I had paid to have it renewed in 2012 for five years (must have been just before it become EASA automatically) and now I had to pay for it to be converted! Looks like this may be good news..

Jude098
30th May 2014, 17:55
I got my JAA PPL at May 25 2012. Under EASA it became an EASA licence but will remain valid (unless I add further ratings) until 31st May 2017, Bi-annual
done for 25th May this year and then 31st May 16 and need to change it to EASA by 31st May 2017.

feeso
6th Apr 2016, 05:34
Dear All,

I have a question regarding the conversion of a Greek JAR ATPL to EASA. I had an offer to work with an English Charter Airline but they won't take me till i convert my ATPL from Greek JAA to EASA. Even though my current License says in the remarks section : "Member of EASA", still it is not enough to get me recruited as a pilot to fly an EASA registered Aircraft.

I contacted IAA asking about the conversion and they told me I have to apply online and send my application by post as well. The process will cost 600 Euros and will take up to 12 weeks.

Does anyone knows a faster and cheaper way" Maybe"?? I cannot wait 12 weeks as i will definitely lose the job offer.

Thank you in advance.

500 above
6th Apr 2016, 06:51
Yiasou!

The problem you will come up against is the speed (or lack of) response from the Hellenic DCA. Bearing in mind Greek Easter is only a short while away... Research some other threads, others have had issues.

They will need to verify and release your medical records to the CAA or IAA (to which authority are you converting, UK or Ireland?)

All ratings will need to be current to be included in your new licence.

I personally converted my UK professional licence to Irish (IAA) for various reasons, not least that I no longer live in the UK. The Irish are a great bunch of helpful people in FCL. Nothing is too much hassle.

Oh, and your Greek licence is an EASA licence.

From your profile, if the 737 is on your foreign ICAO licence, the IAA (Irish) will include any current foreign type ratings on the IAA licence. They will, however, be restricted to the country of issue.

feeso
7th Apr 2016, 09:50
Giasou 500 above,

Thanks a lot for the helpful information. you made me want to convert to IAA even more now. can i ask you 1 more question: when i convert my Greek JAA ATPL to IAA, will i lose my Greek One or I would have 2 licenses. it is a stupid question i know.

anyway, the conversion ow costs 600 euros as i was told by and IAA officer.

thank you:-0)

500 above
7th Apr 2016, 10:25
Kalimera.

You can only hold one EASA licence, so in your case, you will give up the Hellenic one and gain an Irish one.

They really are a great bunch of people to work with. I've never looked back.

feeso
7th Apr 2016, 10:41
Thank you my friend ( 500 above ) really appreciate it:-)