PDA

View Full Version : Flying School advice - Central Coast

jgray
26th May 2014, 02:39
Hi all
I was after some advice on Flying Training. I recently moved to the Central Coast of New South Wales, and want to start my flying training towards a Cpl. I have an issue, in that the local flying school, Warnervale Air near Wyong was recommended in a post I saw somewhere. I visited the school after some information, and when I arrived, the CFI (I assume), was unbelievably rude and arrogant. I listened to him ranting on the phone for about 15 mins in a loud voice about some poor unfortunate, then when he decided to turn his attention to me, he spent most of the time complaining about how poorly he was treated by the aerodrome club. Little to no information was gained.
I normally detest complaining about people online - but as I would be spending $50-60,00 potentially, I wanted to look for any informed opinions out there. There were other instructors there on the day, one younger guy seemed to have a good manner with the students. Does anyone have any experience with the Flying School?
Thanks in advance
John
PS, the aircraft looked pretty old and poorly maintained - but I believe that is the norm in GA? - as long as they are safe I guess I would be happy.
Sorry for sounding like a complainer, but I think after the incredibly harsh tone of the CFI I really need some advice.

tail wheel
26th May 2014, 20:46
Selection of a flying school/restaurant/car make/physician/wife et al is an entirely personal decision, to suit your circumstances etc.

If you have concerns after visiting the school, make your own decision and move on if necessary.