PDA

View Full Version : Cessna C551 rating in multicrew

Liz
24th May 2014, 09:36
Hello everyone,

I am looking for some information about a way to get a C551 type rating according to EASA rules in multicrew. It seems many ATO's are unable to provide it multi crew because they did not get the approval on time. It seems to be a big mess. Do you any ideas how to get it? Whether as single pilot but then with a conversion multi pilot or straight from te beginning in multi crew ops.
thanks for your help.

Liz

Beaver100
24th May 2014, 22:53
Perhaps better to spell check your original posting so we know what exactly you are asking :ugh:

Miles Magister
25th May 2014, 08:32
I think the AIS flight Academy in Lelystad have approval for C551 type ratings. Try and give them a call, it might answer your question.

MM

maxed-out
25th May 2014, 11:32
AIS will probably ask if it's for a captain or FO position and if the latter, will ignore all further comms from you!

Miles Magister
25th May 2014, 13:09
Maxed Out,

I know some people at AIS and they are really good guys.

I think you might be confusing general training with the airline type rating training for the Jetstream. The company has a policy of only employing guys from their own academy as FOs on the Jetstream Airline business. This is a good policy for the academy as the graduates get a good chance of a multi pilot job when they finish their CPL and is why they do not run open JS type rating courses. They seem loyal to their people.

The C501 has nothing to do with the airline.

MM

maxed-out
25th May 2014, 16:57
Miles Magister,

Fair point. It took you 5 minutes to tell me that! Why couldn't they do the same?

Looking back at the emails, it took the chap at AIS less than an hour to get back to me to asking whether the J32 rating was for an FO or Capt position. And no response ever again after telling them it was for a potential FO job.

It just shows a lack of common courtesy there.

Anyway thread drift on my part. Sorry about that. We are talking about a c551 here not a J32. Just wanted to air my views on my personal but brief experience with them.