PDA

View Full Version : Passenger loses the plot.

Harry O
22nd May 2014, 15:11
Sounds like the pilot had his hands full here. The cheque for the a/c hire also bounced.
BUSINESSMAN RUNS MAD IN HELICOPTER | The Star (http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/article-167485/businessman-runs-mad-helicopter)

Aussiecop
22nd May 2014, 16:05
That was a tough read. I am assuming the writer had a hard time translating that to English. Guy sounds like a regular space cadet. I just feel sorry for the innocent helicopter...

moosp
22nd May 2014, 16:12
And why am I surprised to read, "...The helicopter was patched up a few days later and flown slowly back to Nairobi. It is now grounded awaiting spare parts from France that will take at least a month to arrive."

Having had a Eurocopter grounded for over three months awaiting spares some years ago, it looks like a change of name has not changed their spares holdings. :(

Radgirl
22nd May 2014, 21:38
Sadly the most likely explanation is that the guy had an acute psychotic episode and suffers from a severe psychiatric issue. Although possible, it is unlikely that this was simply from taking what might or might not turn out to be illegal drugs.

It seems Kenya is as incompetent as most other countries in treating people with mental health problems. When will we offer treatment instead of incarceration?