PDA

View Full Version : Survival Equipment Dinner 28th June 2014

Daddie Jaffa
21st May 2014, 14:45
Hi All,

The Survival Equipment Association has a few spaces left at its Inaugural Dinner to be held at the Union Jack Club (London) on the evening of the 28th June 2014 ( Armed Forces Day).

Guests for the evening include the RAFSE(s)A Patron, AM. P. Sturley CB & Mr Robert Lawrence MC

This event is for anyone who is a Serving/ Former Squipper or for those Aircrew who have Ditched/Baled Out Ejected or were CRSO's.

Cost for the Dinner is £35 a head.

The Dinner is sponsored by the Survival Equipment Industry, including Survitec ( Lead Sponsor) Martin Baker, Airborne Systems Ltd & Safe Europe to name a few.

Those who are interested in attending should e-mail and provide some background of their eligibility.

[email protected] or [email protected]

big v
21st May 2014, 21:17
Starters - Edible candle

Main Course - Glucose tablets

Sweet - More glucose tablets

Vins:

Treated sea water

Mmmmm

Looks like fun.

:)

Wander00
21st May 2014, 21:32
Is that the Robert Lawrence, subject of the TV film "Tumbledown"? If so his dad was an instructor at the Towers when I was a cadet

500N
21st May 2014, 21:33
Yes, same person.

NutLoose
21st May 2014, 21:43
Hope you have a good do, I take it is best bib and LSJ.

Wander00
21st May 2014, 22:20
Brave man - hope you have a good do

Lima Juliet
22nd May 2014, 00:20
Big V

You missed out survivors' kn0b cheese and biscuits...

...alright, I'll get my coat...

LJ :ok:

PS. Have a good do you'all.

Wensleydale
22nd May 2014, 07:33
I heard that last year's event was cancelled because most of the guests could not locate the venue!

CoffmanStarter
22nd May 2014, 08:17
No Fluorescein Dye Markers down the toilets please :=

Basil
22nd May 2014, 09:53
No Fluorescein Dye Markers down the toilets please
Some of our guys built a 'Pool of Tears' waterfall with a couple of dinghies, a sheet of rubber, Fluorescein, UV tubes and a fuel pump with a trolley-ac for the Summer Ball.
There's an idea for the dinner :ok:

Chris Kebab
22nd May 2014, 09:54
..and don't forget to keep an emergency napkin rolled up in the collar of your DJ:ok:

Wensleydale
22nd May 2014, 10:07
"No Fluorescein Dye Markers down the toilets please"

As an aside, I had an eye problem a few years ago and part of the diagnostic process involved me being pumped full of fluorescein dye and photographs taken of my eye to see if a blood vessel was leaking. Back at home and I went to a quiz night at the local golf club. The dye had to go somewhere, and I went to the urinal in the golf club which was one of those long white porcelain group troughs. Imagine the looks I got for the rest of the night as the stream of very bright thick yellow fluid slowly made its way down to the drain at the other end of the urinal!

Tashengurt
22nd May 2014, 14:41
By dinner we mean waiting until everyone's gone flying then raiding the aircrew t bar.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

NutLoose
22nd May 2014, 16:05
I wonder if they are putting on a firework show afterwards, must be a few life ex distress flares knocking about.

Wander00
22nd May 2014, 16:38
NL - ISTR from my yachting days that using distress flares as fireworks is verboten

NutLoose
22nd May 2014, 17:09
They used to fire em off at Bruggen amongst the fireworks.. ;)

Wander00
22nd May 2014, 18:16
That was in Germany - don't know the rules there, but in the UK..................

Training Risky
22nd May 2014, 18:21
The dining chairs are to be provided by Martin Baker.

BOOM BOOM.

NutLoose
22nd May 2014, 23:06
Do you think they'll all sit around for several hours then have a sip of water and a glucose tablet?

CoffmanStarter
23rd May 2014, 08:02
Mind you the after-dinner speeches might go on a bit ... apparently they are going to be delivered by Heliograph :)

Buster11
23rd May 2014, 09:19
Slight fluorescein thread drift here, but in the days of irresponsible student rag weeks in the mid 1950s dye markers were among the many ex-military marvels that could be bought for a song on Lisle Street in London. Our particular group of questers after academic excellence decided it would be a good idea to dump a cardboard coffin full of dye markers and Dreft washing powder into one of the fountains in Trafalgar Square, with the expected spectacular result. What we didn’t know was that the two fountains were interconnected. Even better….

Wander00
23rd May 2014, 09:24
Presumably "Carriages at 2359" will be by winch into a yellow helicopter

CoffmanStarter
23rd May 2014, 10:16
Presumably "Carriages at 2359" will be by winch into a yellow helicopter

Provide no one gets a strop on :}

Basil
23rd May 2014, 10:26
using distress flares as fireworks is verboten
Oh buggah! :E

I'd also seriously counsel against tying smoke to the back of a bridal carriage - very frightening as the road goes IMC :ooh:

NutLoose
23rd May 2014, 13:46
Slight fluorescein thread drift here, but in the days of irresponsible student rag weeks in the mid 1950s dye markers were among the many ex-military marvels that could be bought for a song on Lisle Street in London. Our particular group of questers after academic excellence decided it would be a good idea to dump a cardboard coffin full of dye markers and Dreft washing powder into one of the fountains in Trafalgar Square, with the expected spectacular result. What we didn’t know was that the two fountains were interconnected. Even better….

Carlisle built a roundabout with a sunken centre and several footpaths merging at a fountain, in the 70's it used to be a multitude of colours as people dropped coloured dyes and bubble bath into it, sadly after several clean outs the council drained it, I always liked the red with bubbles on the surface myself :)

Ancient Squipper
24th May 2014, 15:14
big v

Due to the discovery at the back of the storeroom of several cases of 40 year old cans of self heating soup the starter has now been changed. Please note that if requested liferaft sponges will be supplied for mopping out soup plates.

The original starter of edible candles will now be the sweet and will come with a portion of survival choccy block (Please use the lighted candle to melt the choccy to make a sauce.)

Life/ex canned water will be used for the Loyal Toast.

Tubes of very mature State Express 555 ciggies will be available for smokers.

Water purifying tablets, anti-seasickness and anti- malaria tablets available on request

Please- Please forgive me Daddie Jaffa I just couldn't resist.

PICKS135
25th May 2014, 11:49
Piddle packs also available for the 'Elder Squipper'. Just in case the speeches go on too long:ok::ok:

Daddie Jaffa
27th May 2014, 10:01
Can I thank everyone so far for giving me a few ideas for my welcome speach on the night , you never know we may hold the next one under a Parachute Canopy in the Woods whilst being hunted down.

Robert Lawrence is the one and the same ( Hero Of Tumbledown) and he often shares a beer with us at the end of the Remembrance Parade in London he also proudly wears his fathers medals. He was very chuffed to be welcomed as our our first Honouray Member .