PDA

View Full Version : iCrew for EK Flight Deck crew finally!

birdieonfirst
20th May 2014, 13:45
I'll be darned...

After being irritated for the last two years or so, envying the Cabin Crew for their iCrew Roster App, it is now (once again!) available for Flight Crew.

Downloadable from the portal, if you sign in using your iPhone/ iPad.

Nice little App this!

:ok:BOF

Dropp the Pilot
20th May 2014, 14:03
What does it do?

Rather Be Skiing
20th May 2014, 14:06
Where on the portal do you find it?

flareflyer
20th May 2014, 14:11
I logged in in spring.emirates.com but it still shows restrictions

Trader
20th May 2014, 14:12
Log into portal on your phone/ipad-----click on ROSTERING on the side and there is a new link for icrew--then just download it. Cant be done from spring.

avrodamo
20th May 2014, 14:26
It's asking for a username and password?? Any ideas??

lospilotos
20th May 2014, 14:27
Is it the same as for cabin crew or why else is it only available on iPhone/iPad? AFAIK the one on Spring works with Android as well.

boeingjockey79
20th May 2014, 14:32
@lospilotos

do you remember what login/password is required there? Tried all I can remember but still no app :=

birdieonfirst
20th May 2014, 14:35
Do you remember what login/password is required there?

Use you staff number with the s in front, and you static password.
(First and last entries when signing in to the portal)

:ok:BOF

boeingjockey79
20th May 2014, 14:39
Gracias...worked after the 10th attempt AND after first deleting the cabin crew icrew ;)

avrodamo
20th May 2014, 14:41
Anyone had any success? It just says waiting under icon and not downloading any further ?

helen-damnation
20th May 2014, 15:50
Worked ok on my iPad. However, keep the cc version if you have it, you can't see next month on our version AFAIK!

fliion
20th May 2014, 16:19
Boeing jockey ...

You may want to reinstall CC ... As ours does not give "pertinent intel"

; >

Our one should be called fliCrew.

: /

f.

INLAK
21st May 2014, 04:10
Any idea when it'll be available for Android? Or will it remain for the iSheep only?

Al Murdoch
21st May 2014, 04:33
Be patient - I'm sure it will be out on Betamax soon.

gardenshed
21st May 2014, 05:09
Same here, no link to i anything.

fliion
21st May 2014, 05:20
It was on the drop down menu when one selected the roster tab on LHS.

Now it's gone. Though the functionality of the app still works on iPhone.

Strange.

f.

L1011
22nd May 2014, 12:48
Well iCrew is back on the FOIP. Downloaded it but can't log on.

It shows in Portrait mode with a low-res picture of a happy FO. Then the keyboard appears in landscape mode!

But can't find a 'tab' key to move from staff number to password.

Must be doing something wrong? Do I need to re-boot ala' Windows? :confused:

Thridle Op Des
23rd May 2014, 03:31
Same problem here L1011

givemewings
23rd May 2014, 12:59
A tip from someone who got burned by the original version (back when they touted it as 'the new way to check your roster!') It can sometimes (usually) fail to show a ground duty, instead showing it as a day off. If you're on reserve, or have office stuff assigned, don't rely on it to show any changes and use the phone system/portal instead.

Was happily asleep one morning after checking this new iCrew evening previous only to get a call from Sched asking where the f was I for my early sign-in. "Errr, in bed, where all the other sane people are"...

Copped an Absent and 250dhs deduction. So, watch out for it when on reserve. It's good for checking up on where your mates are or who you're flying with (or want to avoid) but accurate it ain't....

Enjoy boys and girls, the photo option is particularly amusing ;)

The Outlaw
23rd May 2014, 20:34
Read the fine print....the management reserve the right to track it...god knows what else is built into it...knowing them it'll probably forward your emails, open the camera and mic and track your position. No thanks to that.

Any software from the company should never find its way on your personal device.

I'll stick with the paper roster and evita....

CRS
23rd May 2014, 20:44
How unusual for them to introduce something that doesn't work!!!!

birdieonfirst
24th May 2014, 01:00
I guess you guys check that the bogeyman is not hiding under your bed before you go to sleep?

Pathetic!

:ok:Bof

The Outlaw
24th May 2014, 04:36
BOF

You just keep you head in the sand it it makes you feel good.

The modern "Bogeyman" hides in your smart phone now it case you didn't find one in your closet.

JAARule
24th May 2014, 05:04
Just one more intrusion into your personal life by your employer. The last thing you need is to open your smartphone and see yet more company influence in your face on your time off. Reminding you that they own you.

I don't see why anyone would be excited about this. The time, money and effort could have been better spent on producing a decent rostering system in the first place.

I agree with the IT security point. I don't trust them further than I could throw them and won't be putting their app on my iPhone.

falconeasydriver
24th May 2014, 06:19
Simples in terms….

IT security 101 (http://www.tomsguide.com/us/nsa-angry-birds-how-to,news-18255.html)

Fromagio
24th May 2014, 10:42
Some people must have some interesting psych test results. I find that a tin foil helmet and tin foil shoes work in preventing EK from monitoring my thoughts. Also, if you use the apps while squatting in the corner of a dark room, they can't watch you through the devices camera. I've been using these techniques since the FABS and HR direct apps were introduced!! I'm taking the p1ss by the way.

The Outlaw
24th May 2014, 22:12
Is that the in hat the pacific brands gave you?

That one doesn't work...I use the one I got in Roswell

theidler
25th May 2014, 00:34
No, snooping would never happen in EK or Dubai...

Etisalat?s BlackBerry patch designed for surveillance - - ITP.net (http://www.itp.net/561962-etisalats-blackberry-patch-designed-for-surveillance)

lospilotos
25th May 2014, 12:13
I'm assuming you haven't installed the Dubai Police app either...

nolimitholdem
25th May 2014, 18:56
Exactly what functionality does the app give that is not already present on the FOIP?

Or is this just the usual OMG-life-doesn't-exist-without-my-smartphone usually associated with 22 year old cabin crew?

sluggums
12th Jun 2014, 17:22
Not working here as well since last night.

Spoogie
12th Jun 2014, 18:03
iCrew is down until further advised!

paparoti
16th Jun 2014, 04:23
Guys, iCrew is back...

Emma Royds
20th Jun 2014, 08:14
Don't think it ever made it back actually, so I guess it is offline for some time!

Obviously someone has fallen foul of the app already! :p

canadansk
20th Jun 2014, 09:19
Mine has been and is working. :ok:

Emma Royds
20th Jun 2014, 09:24
Ah... so looks like it is working but you can't download it off the portal! :ok:

helen-damnation
25th Oct 2014, 05:23
Anyone know what's happening with this? Just got a new toy it's not on the springs site.

pilotfs
25th Oct 2014, 05:52
Hey helen,

You have to go on the crew portal on your new toy and icrew must be accessed from one of the left tabs (can't remember which one)...at least the last time I checked. But as you know, things can change by the minute! (Apollo? anyone?).

Peace

helen-damnation
25th Oct 2014, 07:54
Got it, it's in "rostering information"
Thanks.

Jack330
16th Jun 2016, 20:06
Guys just a quick question, is flt deck icrew still available? Can I download it on my iphone and then use it like the cc icrew?
tks

lospilotos
16th Jun 2016, 20:18
Guys just a quick question, is flt deck icrew still available? Can I download it on my iphone and then use it like the cc icrew?
tks

AFAIK yes, but you need to get it from the portal (one of the first menus to the left) and not the Spring store.

Jack330
16th Jun 2016, 21:03
Tks, so I need to access directly from the iphone right ? Can't do that from my pc right ?

Enos
17th Jun 2016, 01:46
Right and Right

in freedom
26th Aug 2016, 10:11
If you are worried about surveillance from iCrew or other UAE apps, you can install lookout.com for free on iOS or Android. They helped find the latest Apple security loophole so must be pretty good.
And just in case you thought you were paranoid, relax, you weren't. Apple fixes security flaw after UAE dissident's iPhone targeted | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-iphone-cyber-idUSKCN1102B1)

777boyindubai
26th Aug 2016, 10:29
Apple patches iPhone security after UAE activist targeted
#HumanRights
Flaws in software discovered after Emirati human rights lawyer alerted researchers to attempt to install Israeli firm's spyware on his phone

Ahmed Mansoor is an award-winning human rights lawyer (YouTube/MEE screen grab)
MEE staff's picture
MEE staff
Friday 26 August 2016 07:58 UTC
Last update: Friday 26 August 2016 8:51 UTC
23 12googleplus0 35
Topics: HumanRights
Tags: UAE, Ahmed Mansoor, Apple, Spyware
Show comments
Apple on Thursday released a security update to block spyware used to target an Emirati human rights activist which security experts say was developed by an Israeli “cyber-war” company.

Three flaws in Apple's iPhone software were discovered by security researchers Citizen Lab and Lookout after lawyer Ahmed Mansoor alerted them to several text messages he had received on 10 and 11 August promising to reveal details of torture victims in the UAE if he followed links in the message.

The links would have installed spyware which would have made the phone “a digital spy in his pocket,” Bill Marczak and John Scott-Railton, senior researchers at Citizen Lab, wrote in an extensive account of their investigation into the attempt to hack into Mansoor's phone.

“Once infected, Mansoor’s phone would have become a digital spy in his pocket, capable of employing his iPhone’s camera and microphone to snoop on activity in the vicinity of the device, recording his WhatsApp and Viber calls, logging messages sent in mobile chat apps, and tracking his movements,” they wrote.

“The attack on Mansoor is further evidence that 'lawful intercept' spyware has significant abuse potential, and that some governments cannot resist the temptation to use such tools against political opponents, journalists, and human rights defenders.”

The researchers said they believed the spyware had been created by NSO Group, an Israel-based company which has developed a government-exclusive “lawful intercept” spyware program called Pegasus. NSO Group is owned by a US venture capital firm, Francisco Partners Management.

A spokesperson for NSO Group told the Haaretz newspaper that the company could not confirm specific cases and said the company sold within export laws to government agencies which then operated the software.

“The agreements signed with the company's customers require that the company's products only be used in a lawful manner," he said. "Specifically, the products may only be used for the prevention and investigation of crimes."

Earlier this year Middle East Eye journalist Rori Donaghy described how he had been among more than 1,000 journalists and dissidents targeted in an attempt by the UAE to install spyware on their phones.

But Marczak and Scott-Railton said the technical sophistication of previous attacks “pales in comparison to the present attack”.

Mansoor is a prominent dissident in the UAE and last year won the Martin Ennals award, named after the former secretary general of Amnesty International, which has been described as the Nobel Prize for human rights.

Apple said in a statement: “We were made aware of this vulnerability and immediately fixed it with iOS 9.3.5. We advise all of our customers to always download the latest version of iOS to protect themselves against potential security exploits.”

I posted the full article as the website, surprise, surprise, is banned in a certain jurisdiction....

jack schidt
27th Aug 2016, 13:30
Credits to RT news for the following.

https://www.rt.com/uk/357339-uk-bae-uae-surveillance/

An extract of the link......The system sold by BAE to the UAE may, among other things, make “extraction of selected metadata and application content (eg. voices, videos, messages, attachments)” and are specifically designed to "chart an individual or group of people's social networks,” according to the EU list of products subject to export controls.

The sale has prompted concerns about what exactly the surveillance package will be used for, considering the UAE's reputation for monitoring, imprisoning, and torturing its critics.

Amnesty International has expressed fears that the system will be used to crack down on opponents of the country's government.

In fairness to the UAE and ALL governments, if the people or a country's citizens are illegally using social media in a negative way then the country certainly has the right to punish them.

Reds

J

ExDubai
27th Aug 2016, 16:49
Since years they do track every single bit. The only chance to escape their surveillance is to use systems like Tor etc.