PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Blowman RIP

ericferret
19th May 2014, 18:43
Lincolnshire wife's tribute to tragic walker killed in 200ft fall in Lake District | Grimsby Telegraph (http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/TRIBUTE-TRAGIC-WALKER-KILLED-200FT-FALL/story-21110540-detail/story.html)

HughMartin
19th May 2014, 22:01
Very sad. I first new Malcolm when we were offshore based on the Belford Dolphin flotel in the Forties field in 1978 flying Bolkow 105.

Poor Malcolm didn't have particularly good sea legs and even on a flat calm day, by North Sea standards, he was always somewhat green coloured.

Condolences to his family.

Nigel Osborn
20th May 2014, 01:23
Hugh

Would I have known him as I spent a lot of time on the Forties? Sadly these days I tend to forget names & his doesn't jump out!
A very sad way for a pilot to end up. RIP.

Droopy
20th May 2014, 06:15
Oh I dunno Nigel - come the day I can think of a lot worse ways to go.

Incident was at Piers Gill, which is notorious for falls.

helimutt
20th May 2014, 12:59
What a shame. RIP Malcolm. One of the nicest blokes I ever met when I first started flying in the North Sea. Never flew with him but worked in the same base.

check
20th May 2014, 14:27
How sad, we were both in 657 AAC squadron in Northern Ireland, once I left the army we were like ships in the night, never met up again although his name came up in various conversations.
RIP Mal.

HughMartin
20th May 2014, 17:06
Hi Nigel,

I don't know if you would have worked with Malcolm. I seem to remember he worked back to back with Tony Peebles (ex RN I think) so Malcolm may have been on an opposite shift to you. They were both based at Strubby but came up to NSH to help support offshore based ops.

The good thing about the Forties offshore basing was that on crew change days, the aircraft came into Longside straight after the am shuttle and didn't go back out until late afternoon for the pm shuttle with the new crew. A consequence of that was that you seldom met up with your back to back.

Sorry, a bit of a digression from the sad subject of this thread.

Hugh.

Nigel Osborn
20th May 2014, 21:30
Thanks Hugh, that could be correct. Tony & I were both ex RN & often on the Forties together.

cpt
21st May 2014, 10:00
Sad new indeed..... We've flown together during my "Strubby" time, and I remember his patience tinted with a good deal of (British....of course) humor when he was trying to teach me how to use the Decca.

Brilliant Stuff
22nd May 2014, 07:32
RIP Malcolm.

I have flown with him a couple of times out of Blackpool.

Hummingfrog
22nd May 2014, 22:06
So sad to hear about Malcolm. He was always a gentleman to fly with. My condolences to his family.

HF

SueG
28th May 2014, 10:11
Just to let people know that Malcolm's funeral will be held at Alford crematorium on 11 June at 2pm. This will be followed by a service at the church at Great Carlton.

Deck Clear
29th May 2014, 13:32
I only heard about Malcolm's death last night during my retirement party. So sad and so shortly after his retirement. RIP mate..enjoyed the many times over the years we bumped into each other at various bases and offshore locations.

Malcolm Blowman
8th Jun 2014, 20:16
Think I should point out that the service at the crematorium is for family and close friends only. This will be followed by a service at St John Baptist church, Great Carlton at around 2.45 which will be open to everyone.
Thank you all for all the nice comments about Malcolm. He was the best.
Marion - Malcom's wife