16th May 2014, 20:19
For UK airports. Here's one I filmed at Birmingham Airport:

watch?v=k2E8wJYNzXI

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
16th May 2014, 21:39
Don't get a job as a cameraman.

Skipness One Echo
17th May 2014, 13:53
Stop being snide, it's clearly not intended as a professional production in "Spectators Balcony" on pprune.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
17th May 2014, 15:11
Skipness... you don't have much of a sense of humour do you? Maybe 'cos yoiu're not in aviation.

Hotel Tango
17th May 2014, 21:31
There's amateur and then there's utter rubbish.

hampshireandy
17th May 2014, 22:07
Either its very windy or you were holding the camera with one hand and mast:mad:ing with the other.

Planeaddict
18th May 2014, 20:49
What pleasant individuals you are. I know it's not great but I'd love to see you do so much better.

susier
19th May 2014, 07:05
I enjoyed it PA. I'm sorry that you had such a rough reception here.

I was pretty shocked at how unkind some of the responses were.

Perhaps if nothing constructive can be said then it's best to refrain from comment.

I know not everyone here is 'in aviation' but I did think Pilots were supposed to behave like gentlemen.

Hotel Tango
19th May 2014, 13:38
I know it's not great but I'd love to see you do so much better.

Being my own worst critic, if it was my work I'd be sensible enough not to post it and try to improve on my productions. Do you, in all honesty, believe that your work was worth posting? This is an honest question.

Planeaddict
19th May 2014, 15:54
Being my own worst critic, if it was my work I'd be sensible enough not to post it and try to improve on my productions. Do you, in all honesty, believe that your work was worth posting? This is an honest question.

I don't think it's fantastic. I posted it to maybe get some constructive advice on how to improve.

Hotel Tango
19th May 2014, 16:10
Fair enough. So why not say so at the begining then? Even so, I think there are plenty more suitable forums to help you master the art of filming than PPRuNe. But that's my opinion of course ;)

kcockayne
19th May 2014, 18:04
Planeaddict

I really feel sorry for you.

You simply & innocently post a video on Pprune & get castigated by people who could be a little more humble, in my opinion.

Don't let it get you down, or put you off.

Skipness One Echo
19th May 2014, 20:21
Skipness... you don't have much of a sense of humour do you? Maybe 'cos yoiu're not in aviation.
That's the funniest thing you've ever said, he he goodness me, I lack a sense of humour because I am not an aviation professional. Forgive me Bren, you're a wit. You should be on a stage....with a broom sweeping before curtain up!

@planeaddict don't worry about some of the grumpy old boys on here :)

Jonny Suave Trousers
25th May 2014, 10:50
God you people are a pack of a-holes at times. Just saying. Unbelievable, smashing a contributor who has since taken his video down out of utter embarrassment I'd say. If you can't say somthing nice...

Hotel Tango
27th May 2014, 13:01
JST, I think that you will find that some of us a-holes are only trying to protect PPRuNe from being inundated with thousands of low quality videos.

runway08
28th May 2014, 14:36
Who made you video patrol? All you do is come across as a snobby pos to be honest. Quite vile.

Some advice for the cameraman? Get yourself a tripod so you are not filming slanted. Try to stick at one distance during filming, All the zooming in then out then in doesn't tend to work unless you are shooting from a an unrestricted viewpoint with a stable video camera.

If you can maybe buy a scanner and record the audio during shooting, Also try and keep your mic out of the wind. Best advice though is to keep enjoying your hobby, While it isn't something I partake in there is no reason for the clowns above attacking you for enjoying aviation.

cheers

Evanelpus
28th May 2014, 14:50
Constructive critique

Sadly, it isn't on of the better spotting videos I've ever seen and as someone else has also pointed out, maybe PPRuNe isn't the website for posting this kind of video even though we have a Spotters Corner section.

1. Get a tripod or monopole for ground shots. These aint much cop for take offs or landings though.

2. Beware, when shooting through a mesh fence with an autofocus camera, the focus will nearly always focus on the fence, not the subject matter (see your BY 757 for example)

Keep trying, the only way is up!:ok:

Doors to Automatic
2nd Jun 2014, 22:15
Interesting video - the Thomson 757 at 1:00 didn't half stop quickly!!!

Planeaddict
28th Oct 2015, 10:30
Airside at Birmingham Airport:

?v=96Xo4SEb90Y

Eithad Airways at Manchester:

?v=SKA7Q1FiuZE

Planeaddict
5th Nov 2015, 11:07
Overhead take offs at Heathrow:

?v=3mp2HTjWJN0

Planeaddict
18th Nov 2015, 10:46
watch?&v=tqNyp7LqJ2I

Fascinating footage of BHX in 1998 with aircraft arriving from all over the world for the G8 summit held in Birmingham that year. Plenty of heavies!

Evanelpus
18th Nov 2015, 12:17
I was there in the field behind the old Tristar hotel.

Biggest cheer of the day was reserved for the police Land Rover whose front wheel disappeared down a huge pothole!

Planeaddict
1st Jan 2016, 19:17
Manchester Airport a few days ago:

watch?v=MM-lC2zBIPo

Planeaddict
14th Mar 2016, 18:45
Some more videos:

/watch?v=5orNz9q7Gfw
/watch?v=GvDtTUcQufE
/watch?v=MM-lC2zBIPo
/watch?v=yBEtIdY_u98
/watch?v=l_4wzDrNcnU