PDA

View Full Version : VARA Recruitment

Skiddymark
14th May 2014, 03:13
G'day all .

I have searched for specific answers to my questions but unable to find so I thought I'd create an account and ask for some info.

Firstly I interviewed for the ATR in around October last year and was placed on the hold file along with many others in February.

I've been offered another position which is ok ..... But does not offer the career pathway that Virgin regional could provide.

Therefore;

1/ How long can I stay on hold before I need to re-interview? I know it's 2 years from memory for Virgin mainline but not sure for the wee ATR !!

2/ Any insider knowledge on restrictions currently in place and when they may be lifted and recruitment/expansion resume?

Any info would be fantastic to help me play my next move .

Skiddy :ok:

rightinitial
15th May 2014, 00:21
From a good source no more recruitment until next year. Good Luck!

Skiddymark
15th May 2014, 08:43
Hey thanks rightinitial.

I didn't think this thread got posted so I asked same questions on the VARA ATR grounded ..... thread. Silly me

Any idea how long you can remain on the hold file before having to re-interview ?

AerodyManic
16th May 2014, 06:36
Skiddy,

If I were you I would take the opportunity you have available to you now. In the past, I've procrastinated and lost out as a result. Even if you get an answer from Vara or anyone else for that matter, things can change very quickly in this game.
Go take the other job if it appeals to you and re-asses what's available further down the track. The path we plan out for ourselves never happens in aviation!!!!!

Just my 2 cents 👍

Skiddymark
16th May 2014, 10:43
Thanks for the advice guys. Really appreciated.

flybird12
17th Jul 2014, 09:01
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any insight into any future recruitment at VARA? Are they looking to bring on more pilots anytime soon? Have the new ATR's that are awaiting delivery been crewed as yet?