PDA

View Full Version : Vandalism Blackbushe/Popham

chevvron
13th May 2014, 15:34
Reports on another forum that hangars at Blackbushe and Popham were cut open on or about 4 May. No reports of damage to aircraft or theft, so some people are theorising it was reggie spotters.
Home | Farnborough-aviation-group.co.uk where everyone is welcome to join (http://www.farnborough.proboards.com) Blackbushe thread pages 87 & 89

PPLvirgin
13th May 2014, 17:51
Excuse my ignorance Chevvron but Reggie Spotters are??

Tris

chevvron
13th May 2014, 17:59
If you can't guess, you shouldn't be flying!!

PPLvirgin
13th May 2014, 18:08
I cn easily guess, but generally refer to more experienced folk on here. Generally the advice i get is good.

but clearly you being the oracle have never asked a stupid question, of course not. Having just passed my PPL its people like you who stop people like me from gaining more wisdom from said rude oracles like you because they have not the simplest of manners of being helpful.
Absolutely no need - but I wouldnt know why you have such a chip on your shoulder and feel the need to be rude so won't bother asking.

Regards

Tris

Mach Jump
13th May 2014, 18:10
....Reggie Spotters are??

A little harsh I feel, Chevron.

Virgin:
'Reggie Spotters' are those, usually very nice people, who like to collect aircraft registrations in a book, rather like Train Spotters.

Unfortunately, there are a very small number who will go to ANY lengths to get sight of the aircraft, and give a bad name to all the rest.

MJ:ok:

PPLvirgin
13th May 2014, 18:16
Lol Thanks Mach Jump.

funnily enough, just googled "reggie Spotters" - I am now going to go through all my ground exam paperwork - must have missed this under "engine performance" - ie reggie's hanging on whilst tryingt to take might cause you issue's etc... lol!

Thanks for the polite informativeness Mach Jump

chevvron
13th May 2014, 19:33
True MJ. It was on a reggie spotters forum that I er spotted it, and I have to add, most of the guys who contribute to the forum are responsible people who observe 'the rules' wherever they go; one is an retired airport manager whilst several others are Air Traffic Controllers both current and retired. We have occasionally heard of spotters in these very pages who seem to think it is all right to invade private property to see a registration, that is why I was so amazed at PPLvirgin's naivety!