PDA

View Full Version : CAA E-EXAMS

KandiFloss
9th May 2014, 22:26
Is anyone having problems applying for an e-exam? I have received an email to say that my documents have been verified, but when I click on 'apply for an e-exam' it keeps saying 'confirm to apply for this service?', which I do, it then says 'thank you for requesting to access this service. You will hear from us in due course. ' I thought that as soon as I had received my 'portal' that I could apply straight away for an exam without having to wait for the CAA to get back to me?

Im stressing out, I believe that the closing date is the 14th May? :eek::mad::{

ersa
10th May 2014, 02:56
Bit of a :mad: up if you ask me....

Get your Documents verified..... mine took 4 days...
The press confirm to apply for this service - Exams...took 2 days
Get your Theory training provider to accept membership ..press membership and select TK provider.....took 2 days
Then CAA checks your status to verify you can sit exams.. took 24 hours..I sent an email requesting they do this ASAP.

Then you can select pay and book exams

paco
10th May 2014, 07:07
You have to get verified first, which is what you have done, but you can't book exams until your provider has confirmed that you belong to them. After that, you can book ahead, and the school can monitor what you book to make sure you have done the progress tests first ;)

KandiFloss
10th May 2014, 15:08
Ersa and Paco, thanks for your replies.

This is driving me mad! I don't know what was wrong with the old way of doing things (apart from having to wait almost 3 weeks for your results :sad:)

I applied to register for the portal on the 1st May, which was the first date that they opened the new system up. On the 7th May I received an email to say that I could apply for an e-exam, which I applied for straight away. On the 8th I phoned the CAA to query why I couldn't book an exam straight away, and spoke to someone who had NO idea what so ever, and fobbed me off ... grr.

I'm a bit confused as I looked up the exam booking deadline dates, which for the 2nd June is the 14th May ... Wednesday :eek::mad: , although i'm not sure if that is correct, as that may be the old system. I'm not sure but I think that I may have seen somewhere that you can now book an exam until 7 days before an exam?

I'm going to phone the CAA up on Monday and get it sorted, the CAA need to get there arses into gear, I have no idea how they expect to open a brand new system up (which may have teething problems) when the deadline for booking an exam is only 13 days later (including a bank holiday and weekends in between that where the CAA don't work ... god forbid :eek: ... poor little flowers!)Due to my own circumstances I have absolutely no chance of sitting an exam later than June ... getting a bit stressed now :uhoh:

ersa
10th May 2014, 21:27
Kandifloss,

There are no cut off dates for exams, you can book them the day before if you can get the booking, assume no one takes the slot.

The new system is very flexible , now it's been taken off human beings !

KandiFloss
11th May 2014, 10:05
Thanks for that information, I can stop stressing now :-) . I again went though the CAA E-Exam information yesterday and I spotted that the last time for entry/changes to an exam in 72 hours before the first sitting of the following weeks exams. Phew :)

Cows getting bigger
14th May 2014, 16:23
You're lucky. I have a student who registered on 2 May and is still waiting for the CAA to verify his identification details. :(

Dragonlight
14th May 2014, 19:36
I've managed to get my details verified but have yet to belong to a training provider on the e system.

I've done most of the exams on the paper style already - but they aren't displayed on the portal - does anyone know where students stand who have done half the paper system and who will finish with the e system, if the system isn't registering past paper exams, how do we prove we've done them etc.

Thanks for any clarification.

Regards.

KandiFloss
18th May 2014, 21:12
Cows getting bigger - your student should call their helpline. They list it under the 'help' section of the e-exams section.

Dragonlight - i'm at the same stage as you, waiting for my Ground School provider to acknowledge that I trained with them. It's been a week now since I completed my most recent stage of the proceedure with the CAA. Not sure who's holding me up now, my training provider or the CAA. It sounds as though i'm in a similar situation to you, as I have completed all of my past exams on paper. I only have one more exam to do, so it's been really frustrating all this palavar for 1 exam :ugh:

Do you not have the hardcopies of your exam results? The CAA should also have these and be able to upload them alongside your next results?