PDA

View Full Version : 380 to BOM confirmed

Mr Good Cat
9th May 2014, 06:22
So, it's finally happening...

Emirates to launch jumbo A380 flights to India from July - Livemint (http://www.livemint.com/Companies/Te9HaDhRTVKTc07J7zXmBP/Emirates-to-launch-jumbo-A380-flights-to-India.html)

Outatowner
9th May 2014, 07:14
It turns out the 180 was just made for that sort of thing. Fairly easy to see where the two class whales will be going. Slaveships, plying the skies back and forth between third world ports.

From RTGS "management" brief: the 380 will be doing Chennai, Delhi and Dhaka soon too.

Panther 88
9th May 2014, 07:22
But only during "banker's hours", I'm sure.:ok:

Craggenmore
9th May 2014, 07:24
You should only feel sorry for the trainers.

For the rest of us it's one of these a year.

Mister Warning
9th May 2014, 08:16
Used to love training on the 501/2. Gentlemen's hours and a free curry to boot :ok:

falconeasydriver
9th May 2014, 08:18
But only during "banker's hours", I'm sure.

I'm sure you are right, 1st departure Bank, second departure Bank, third departure Bank :}:ok:

Capn Rex Havoc
9th May 2014, 13:10
The company also has plans to upgrade existing aircraft to larger capacity Boeing 777s to Delhi, Hyderabad and Mumbai starting from 1 June

At last some relief for the airbus lads and lasses.

FLEX/MCT
9th May 2014, 13:46
"At last some relief for the airbus lads and lasses"

Sadly not - Delhi and Mumbai were day flights, something to bid for when good old top bid comes around. My (top) bid for next month is now entirely composed of day BAH, DOH, DMM and KWI. Anything to avoid the 3am TRV...

Also thought I would give a shout out to all my fellow 330 pilots and say congratulations on becoming the only shorthaul-only pilots in emirates when Warsaw goes Boeing later this month. (well I suppose we will always have Kolkatta :})

LHR Rain
10th May 2014, 06:33
So your applications are out and Log Books are up to date? I sure hope so.
I can't believe you 330 guys stick around doing the crap you do. That is no life for a pilot.

scandistralian
10th May 2014, 07:41
In my opinion getting more turns makes a move to the 380 more attractive, one of the things I enjoy most about the Boeing is the flexibility we have with bid requests to fit lifestyle needs. Despite EK's complete butchering of the Kronos system, if you bid well with multiple alternative options it generally tends to work ok, just takes a fair bit of effort.

I refuse to listen to people complaining about night turns if it is purely the inconvenience of working through the night, if you can't handle night shifts then go to Ryanair/Easyjet or their respective equivalents. If someone has a genuine safety / fatigue issue with a particular pairing, or group of pairings my first question is always what have you done about it? If the answer is nothing, then shut up and get on with it. :ugh:

330 guys however, complain all you like, it is a bloody tough gig.

haveago
10th May 2014, 09:05
One positive of the 330 lifestyle… I won't be needing a pension!

Panther 88
10th May 2014, 14:11
Our first post on this thread...if you don't like it leave. So Scandistalia, if you refuse to listen to it, what the frig you doin' on these boards. Take your own advice, if you don't like it (blogs,etc.) leave.

fliion
10th May 2014, 17:04
....Huh?...

Peter Chube
10th May 2014, 21:18
I'll join the "...huh?..."

I think Scandi was pointing out that if you wish to only fly between 6am and 10pm, pop along to an airline that can fulfil that ambition for you, whilst at the same time empathising with the 330 folk who do the opposite virtually all of the time.

scandistralian
10th May 2014, 21:27
Spot on Peter :ok:

Panther, obviously some sort of misunderstanding, PM me if you want clarification on the intention of my post.

Scandi

Panther 88
11th May 2014, 05:07
Got it. :E

White Knight
14th May 2014, 07:53
Has there been a press release from EK as quoted in this article? I must have missed it because these things are usually there in the daily propaganda that's in our inboxes...

And secondly, Flight status and predictions is showing 330 and 777 for the BOM flights for August and September... It's usually a good indicator of what fleet does what...

I do vaguely remember that the curry was good on that route:ok: Somewhere back in the mists of time:}

HarryDunne
14th May 2014, 08:50
The only info from the airline I've read is A380 doing Kuwait and of course Jeddah.

"Emirates plans to deploy an A380 on one of its existing daily services between Dubai to Mumbai, starting from July and is working closely with Mumbai Airport Authorities to make this deployment possible,” Emirates said in a statement on Thursday. “In addition, we have plans to upgrade existing aircraft to larger capacity Boeing 777s to Delhi, Hyderabad and Mumbai starting from 1 June.”

It sounds like the 330/340 will be doing Africa and more local Gulf turns until they finally go in 2016/17. 777 doing the majority of India/Pakistan with 380 doing a handful of the day turns there. With the 380 doing most of America and the larger European destinations, the 777 could still get a good roster with the freighter layovers and turnarounds allowing time at home for those who want it.

Engineering appear to believe the 350 will be arriving soon, can anyone confirm there's already 4 on the system? Despite the impressive long range abilities of the aircraft, I'd imagine they'll use it for the quieter/smaller European destinations?

hifly787
14th May 2014, 09:37
outatowner
Sorry only BOM/DEL cleared for the whale in India so far .