PDA

View Full Version : New Qantas Uniforms

cloud nine
21st May 2002, 02:15
I have just heard a rumour that the new uniforms are going to be charcoal grey and maroon. Has anyone else heard this?

stewardess007
21st May 2002, 04:03
I heard charcoal grey and that dirt (ocre) colour. Lovely.....

cabinboy
21st May 2002, 06:02
As long as the uniform doesn't contain wunala dreaming prints on it and has an acubra hat i'll be happy !!

You reckon we'll get new wings too ?

lara_croft
21st May 2002, 09:12
Rumour has it that the new Qantas uniform will be in the Australian Airlines colours and virtually identical to the Australian airlines uniform.:rolleyes:

smile
21st May 2002, 10:20
AAhh Cabinboy,

what is it about these acubra hats that everyone likes so much??

http://www.colute.net/cwm/ups/DeNiro/needs_a_shave.gif

Is it just me or does anyone else feel they are a little too 80's.

But who knows they may actually look good.

love SMILE:D

Evacu8
21st May 2002, 14:58
It's down to two designers ( and no acubras), both have dark colours for the single breasted suits.

And neither of them are the designers for Aussie Airlines.

I dont think people will find either design as colorful as they thought (feared) it would be !!

But both are a lot more modern than the current 80's kit - and I must ad, the current one WAS designed in the 80's, thats why it looks that way :D

But keep VB well out of ya minds, I dont think they will end up going that trendy/ casual !!

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the current. But it will be nice for a change - it doesnt matter what we think of it ...... we'll still have to wear it ;)

Wonderworld
21st May 2002, 15:04
The current uniform was designed in the 90's after the TN/QF merge.
IMHO they should have just kept the TN uniform.
I hope RM Williams gets the gong for the new one.

Evacu8
21st May 2002, 15:10
The current was designed in 89, waited in the wings for a while, then implemented after the merge :D

I agree, liked the last TN unifrom, it was certainly unique.

RM Williams is no longer in the running.

ditzyboy
22nd May 2002, 00:21
Please NO hats! My managers got upset at my no. 0 on the sides and no. 1 on the top hair cuts so I have grown it long (no. 5 in length!) ... It takes me ages to do my hair and I don't want some baby-poo coloured, butch looking acubra to wreck it all.... Now, a camp little pill box number..... :-) - JOKING...

Seriously, hats are not very business like which I think is the look they need to distinguish from Virgin Blue.

Oh and a camp little apron to wear in the galley.... Oh that's right. We tried that at Impulse and it was NOT a good look. Purple and all - it was VERY camp!

Have a nice day all! See you on the next 717 Super Jet service to Penrith!

flying_fox
23rd May 2002, 09:10
I am soooOOOoooo glad to hear that RM Williams got the big gong!

Apparently, they had plans to deck us out in a filthy culotte!!

Can you just picture us? My god.

Evacu8, you sound like you are in the know, will this be another uniform style that tries accomodate all sizes - from size 6 to 26? I am not being rude at all, but personally I would like to see a more modern and flattering uniform for the larger sized staff member. (I know that this could be a very touchy subject, so I am treading carefully here because I am not trying to be nasty - just expressing another view) Sometimes I think that it would look more professional and stylish for those concerned.

I just dont think it is necessary to have only one style for such a vast and varied group of people, you can still keep the consistency and the professional identity there by using the same colours, fabrics, prints etc.

Happy flying and happy days

:)