PDA

View Full Version : EASA PPL & LAPL's

kevkdg
8th May 2014, 22:05
Hi,

Recently converted NPPL(A) SLMG to EASA PPL(A) TMG via the conversion route in CAP804 for the conversion fee. Will be soon to add SEP rating to PPL(A).

I am now considering whether I should also take the opportunity of effectively obtaining a LAPL(S) with TMG privileges for the CAA conversion fee of £41 (I guess I can bypass the BGA as there is not Gliding Certificates involved in this conversion).

This way future proofing myself in case my Class 2 medical ever lapses leaving me with a LAPL medical etc. Also due to different currency requirements (rolling 24 months) of the LAPL it may come in handy one day for TMG.

md 600 driver
8th May 2014, 23:41
Are you allowed to have both a easa ppl and a lapl at the same time
I know you can have a easa medical that is for both ppl and lapl

BEagle
9th May 2014, 07:31
md600 driver wrote: Are you allowed to have both a easa ppl and a lapl at the same time

You may not hold more than one licence per aircraft category. Hence you could hold, for example, an ATPL(A) and a LAPL(H), but not an PPL(A) and a LAPL(A).

kevkdg
9th May 2014, 07:40
Cool, so EASA PPL(A) and LAPL(S) both with TMG rating makes sense as I can get the LAPL(S) for £41 conversion now rather than £150 odd in the future if ever I needed one.....

I paid £65 for the NPPL (A) SLMG to EASA PPL(A) TMG conversion.

Prop swinger
9th May 2014, 12:54
I don't really see the point. If your health declines such that you can only get an LAPL medical you can just apply for an LAPL(A). FCL.110(a) applies:(a) Applicants for an LAPL who have held another licence in the same category of aircraft shall be fully credited towards the requirements of the LAPL in that category of aircraft.

Mickey Kaye
10th May 2014, 13:58
Can't you just keep your NPPL (SLMG) in case you have medical problems in the future? Excepting it will be limited to annex 2 in the future.

kevkdg
11th May 2014, 09:01
Can the nppl rating be validated by experience in easa tmgs given post April 2015 they are not covered by the nppl?

Also, I have non expiring built in Rt privs on my new easa licence, but assume I'll need to renew my Rt licence when it expires in order to use it with my nppl.