PDA

View Full Version : No Staff Travel from DOH 27-29 May

light and variable
8th May 2014, 10:33
Staff travel embargo. No staff travel out of Doha 27-29th of May.

CDRW
9th May 2014, 03:32
Really - where you get that gem of information? Ahh - found it in a memo that wont download - well no staff traveling should make all the difference!

salamalikum2
9th May 2014, 03:39
QR crew portal.
Slightly out of topic..but anybody can explain me the latest ACN regarding the absence due to sickness especially the first point:

" Salary will be ceased or held in the following case:

If crew is not contactable for 3 days AFTER reporting sick the salary will be HELD immediately." !!?

Did I miss something...?:ooh:

light and variable
9th May 2014, 04:17
Heard a story about a pilot that recently jumped ship. To soften the financial blow he went on extended sick leave conveniently outside of Doha to cream-off as much salary as possible. Total hoop, making life even harder for the rest.
I think the staff salary thing is unfair if you have leave during that period. Should be an exception clause is my opinion,

salamalikum2
9th May 2014, 06:26
Once again ..one of our unscrupulous crew messed around...

fatbus
9th May 2014, 07:49
Could it have to do with changing airports?

Outatowner
9th May 2014, 10:25
Why would you want to leave doha on your days off anyway? It sounds like such a lovely place to live! And what a charming, laidback little airline with such beautiful managers to work under.

light and variable
9th May 2014, 12:26
The airline is actually OK to be honest. The managers just do what they do. So long as you do your job without introducing unnecessary risks, keep your hat on and your flys zipped in respect of the girlies.

Unfortunately small annoyances like staff travel block for three whole days holds things back a bit.

Paper Lad
9th May 2014, 15:18
Especially if one has leave beginning in the period of embargo or stuck in the backlog immediately after !

There's always the possibility of the embargo being extended too, if the new airport opening is a shambles.

PL

CDRW
10th May 2014, 13:08
.....if the new airport opening is a shambles.

and what, do you think, the chances of the opening of the new airport and the first operations of QR, not being a shambles?

Does anyone know how to even check in at the new port?