PDA

View Full Version : C510 Citation Mustang Rating

VFE
6th May 2014, 17:37
Hi folks,

Drawing blanks on where to obtain a type rating for this aircraft in the UK - can anyone recommend?

Trim Stab
6th May 2014, 17:59
FSI Farnborough

VFE
7th May 2014, 13:06
Can't seem to find anywhere on their site about prices? Not wanting to spark interest from their marketing team by making what would probably be a time wasting phone call to their sales team, would anyone here have a rough idea?

Thanks,

VFE.

what next
7th May 2014, 15:16
...be a time wasting phone call to their sales team

That's what they are paid for, whether you call them or not. The problem with these type ratings is that there seems to be no fixed list price for them. There is a number of bundles on offer, like initial TR + one or more recurrents which will bring down the price. You will also get a different price as an individual than a company who sends a dozen pilots there every year.

The best thing would be to contact them through the operator of the aircraft you intend to fly.

Trim Stab
7th May 2014, 16:15
Trying to get FSI Farnborough to give a price for a type-rating is like trying to get blood out of a stone. If you ring them they will give you a real run around. I wasn't impressed by their evasiveness and in the end went to another FTO.

dirk85
7th May 2014, 16:19
PSB Business & Commercial Pilot Discount Simulator Training (http://www.pilotsimbrokers.com)

Heard good things about these guys, try to give them a call.

Private jet
7th May 2014, 20:26
The bizjet training market is the essence of free market capitalism. They can charge what the customer is willing to pay, the only skill is finding out how much the customer will pay. Now, if bizjet ratings were as cheap as chips the marketplace would be even more flooded with bodies than it is now, so at least the "admission fee" keeps some of the riff-raff out. The airline sector, well, that's another issue,,,,

VFE
22nd May 2014, 22:04
"Admission fee"?

"Riff-raff"?

I hope the seats are comfy enough to accommodate the silver spoon wedged up the behinds of those who can afford the "admission fee" then! :D

VFE.

noneya
23rd May 2014, 01:19
VFE,

It is comfy I am sure, because it is the owners seat!!!

Anyone (pilots) paying for their own types, are foolish and screwing the rest of us!

J

Kelly Hopper
23rd May 2014, 04:59
If you do manage to get a price out them, (yes very difficult) just make sure you are sitting down first. If not you will be falling down!

flaps35
23rd May 2014, 06:52
If You are able go to Germany,try Hanke Aviation JAR/TRTO price is 16.000 Euro.:ok:

VFE
23rd May 2014, 07:03
Totally agree noneya :D

It would take a significant windfall for me to even consider paying for a type rating, especially with no guarantee of a job at the end of it.

Thanks for the help though everyone.

VFE .

MarcoT
24th May 2014, 08:39
My understanding is £15k for a C510 type rating at FSI but stand to be corrected.