PDA

View Full Version : Bae Jetstream 31 Rating

joaocastro
6th May 2014, 14:02
Hello,

Can I please be informed where can I ask for information about the rating on this airplane (Locations and prices)??

Tanks in advance.

Genghis the Engineer
6th May 2014, 14:30
Mad Jock, a regular on these forums is probably the man to ask.

mad_jock
6th May 2014, 17:02
http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/529628-info-j32-type-rating.html

That's as much as I know.

http://www.linksair.co.uk/aviation-services/crew-training/

joaocastro
6th May 2014, 18:51
Tank you guys.

I'll try to contact them as soon as possible.

Regards

flaps35
7th May 2014, 15:24
Links Air has closed the training for this year.I have asked them few months ago.:ugh:

Piltdown Man
14th May 2014, 12:51
Just out of interest, why a J32?

mad_jock
16th May 2014, 08:58
Because basically they are cheap to get a Pref A operation up and running with.

The cabin is the best in its auld poo heap class as well.

And no need for a hostie either or security.

All the high yeld routes are gone and its only the low numbers routes which can't take anything over 30 seats which are left.

You can make money on 9-13 seats on paper but in reality its extremely hard to because they are old and need loads of TLC

As its a dead rating there aren't many that have it and if you know the right people its a easy way to get into the RHS of a multicrew TP.

Piltdown Man
17th May 2014, 19:00
So you get a type rating on an aircraft very few people fly? I can't see the point. The operators who run these have to be the people to approach and if they have no positions available, then I really wouldn't bother. But what do I know.

mad_jock
19th May 2014, 07:01
Piltdown these kids will go for anything which even has a sniff of multicrew hours.

My personal record was a chap that walked in the door with 250k euro's worth of training on his CV looking to fly the old heap.

cavortingcheetah
19th May 2014, 11:43
I should have thought that for that kind of money in sterling you could buy yourself a lot of P2 time on a nice shiny King Air in South Africa if you went about it the right way. At 17.5/1, the rand has only once been weaker in the last twenty years or so.
As for piloting on any J31/32 that might be living today, I can smell the interior as I write and would, one suspects, most likely decline to fly even Jackie Stewart's old well kept machine.

mad_jock
19th May 2014, 12:12
JAckie's machine has been down in the Ivory coast now for over two years. Personally if the storys are true that are floating around about it I wouldn't even attempt to start the engines never mind fly it.

That money included 500 hours 737 PTF time and an airbus rating.

the guy was basically unemployable.

cavortingcheetah
19th May 2014, 12:20
That's a shame and no doubt a great waste of money on both counts.