PDA

View Full Version : QR Medical. Be patient!

salamalikum2
6th May 2014, 09:32
Following the recent news that the doctor at the Future medical center apparently " vanished"...all the QR pilots (2200+..)+ new joiners, +Amiri....have been advised to complete their medical at Al Alhi clinic...

For info Al Alhi clinic has only ONE doctor who is working only a few hours per day for pilot medical ( 17-21..) and is taking few days vacation almost every month.

OOh wait...for info, "Be informed that Aero medical clinic at Al Alhi hospital will be closed from the 10 May till 24 of May!"

Are you kidding me?!?:ooh:

Airmann
6th May 2014, 09:37
Go to Bahrain. There are a few doctors there who can do the QCAA medical. Some also do JAA, TC and others. PM me if you need contact info.

I hope the Futures Medical doctor comes back, he was a nice, if not slightly eccentric guy.

Landflap
6th May 2014, 09:40
Sam. there is a lot of alien abduction going on at the moment. Doc will re-appear in the Bermuda Triangle but that won't ease the current waiting list !

ironbutt57
6th May 2014, 11:06
The Doc here in Bahrain was busy w QR medicals just this morning...and he does just about every medical in the developed world..and then some...

777AV8R
8th May 2014, 09:01
Yup, Kareem indefinitely gone. Checked there today.

Vipersrt10
8th May 2014, 11:29
I would also go to Bahrain. There are some fine docs there

Phantom Driver
8th May 2014, 23:24
Bottom line; how is it possible for QCAA to condone just two AME's, then one (who apparently does not give appointments), and shortly (and temporarily), nil AME for the whole of Qatar, with QR alone expanding like mad (2,000 + pilots), not to mention Gulf Heli and QR Exec.

Doc J et al doing a great job in Bahrain with a pilot community a quarter or less that of Doha.

The mind boggles....:confused:

ironbutt57
9th May 2014, 04:52
Dr "J" here was actually the first QCAA certified medical examiner...and remains certified today, as well as JAA, FAA,think Aussie, and few others...

Willymoose
15th Nov 2014, 13:01
Hi
Please give me the doctors contact details. Thanks.

Boeingrestricted
19th Nov 2014, 07:47
sorry to hear that, he was/is a very nice chap.

FlyingHigh330
20th Nov 2014, 07:05
Dr in Bahrain:

Jaffar Altaraif
[email protected]