PDA

View Full Version : Flying Transport Jets Past Age 60

Googs
20th May 2002, 17:41
Hi one and all, could somebody please help me? I am a British ex. pat. currently flying for America West Airlines in Phoenix Arizona as a B737 skipper (with 15 years command time), I have a C.A.A. A.T.P.L. as well as all my F.A.A. credentials. I am due to retire in 7 years and our Company does not provide any Company funded retirement plan. This means that I am going to have to look for a flying postion that allows me to work past 60.What I would like to know is, how many, or which specific Carriers in the UK allow their pilots to fly past age 60? Also what kind of restrictions are put on them? Thanks in anticipation for any help.
Kind Regards Geoff Gray.

gofer
21st May 2002, 14:56
My God father flew professionally till he was 72 or 73. He lived in NZ and was made senior security officer for the NZ Pacific area when he left their Airforce - which luckly does not have too many problems.... or didn't at that time.:cool:

ETOPS
22nd May 2002, 08:24
Googs

You're only problem is French airspace - closed to Pilots in command over 60 years old. Makes Gatwick to Bastia a very long flight!

GlueBall
23rd May 2002, 22:35
There is a Bill stuck somewhere in the legislature to raise the age limit to 65 and there might be a compromise amongst legislatures to get it passed at age 63. Hopefully by the time you reach age 60 it will have passed... so that at least you can work until you are eligible to collect social security.:cool:

Flap 5
24th May 2002, 15:28
easyJet have pilots over 60 but they will not take any on who are approaching that age.