PDA

View Full Version : EBACE 2014 - Who's Going?

Tray Surfer
30th Apr 2014, 14:51
The description on the tin pretty much says it all really! :)

Anyone going this year?

Will be my first year, looking forward to it and happy to say hello to anyone who may be there and fancies a cuppa at the "famed" EBACE Cafe! :O

TS
:)

x933
30th Apr 2014, 21:23
Biggest problem with Ebace? You don't get noticed for being there, you get noticed for not being there.

Anyway; everyone knows that the real business happens in the Java Lounge any time after 10pm :E

deefer dog
1st May 2014, 01:34
Same old meat every year....just different gravy!

Tray Surfer
1st May 2014, 07:58
Thanks for the really positive and interesting replies. :ok:

Mark Ranger
1st May 2014, 08:40
We're on booth 1009, so please come up and say hello.

It will be interesting to see how the hall layout change affects things - with the OEMs now sharing space with the rest of us. While that's great for all of us who felt left out by the previous way the stands were allocated (big wigs in Hall 7, rest of us 5 and 6), it does make the show a longer walk from the station/airport, which has always been EBACE's biggest USP to my way of thinking

See you there!

Mark

Tray Surfer
1st May 2014, 08:50
Hello Mark,

As this will be my first year, I won't know any better in regards to layout, but looking forward to it non the less.

See you there.

TS

LGW Vulture
1st May 2014, 09:01
What with the Altitudes gig at La Reserve, the Leopard Lounge (after hours) and the Grand Duke to start off matters, I really won't have time for work.

Stumbling around the Halls for health reasons is nearer the mark. :uhoh:

glider12000
1st May 2014, 15:28
I`ll be there and, for me,on a rather smaller stand than last time!

But feel free to stop by, Stand 5118

ctrautve
2nd May 2014, 20:06
AIN will be there publishing show news in our daily issues of EBACE Convention News, as well as in daily issues of our AINalerts e-newsletter. Our press room will be in Hall 6 near the main NBAA press room -- stop by if you have any news to share with us.

HyFlyer
6th May 2014, 21:35
Stand 722

at least some of the time.......

Phil Brockwell
7th May 2014, 07:46
I will be in my normal booth at The Duke Of York......obviously

falconflier
11th May 2014, 15:13
I'll be there, we're planning an increase in Int'l ops and the boss thought it'd be a good idea to send me. Haven't been there since '08, I get the pros and cons of going but I'm just going to enjoy the show and scenery.

Tray Surfer
16th May 2014, 11:33
If anyone fancies a coffee, drop me a PM and we can meet up if people are free.

tommoutrie
16th May 2014, 21:06
Coffee?!! You haven't been to ebace before have you...

Tray Surfer
16th May 2014, 21:55
As per my OP, no.

And, I don't drink alcohol.

Phil Brockwell
16th May 2014, 22:12
Tray Surfer,

Ebace is hectic - trying to see everyone for a "meaningful" amount of time is tricky. It is unlikely that (during the day) you will meet people with time for a chat to find out what you are buying or selling.
Get it out there - what are you hoping to get out of your visit - despite what everyone thinks, it's not a social - put it up here who you want to meet,

Tray Surfer
17th May 2014, 13:11
Thanks for the reply Phil,

Ultimately, I am selling "me".

I have some stuff arranged with some of the aircraft manufacturers and a few of the management companies in terms of meeting people who I have been in contact with in the past via e-mail etc, but apart from that, I am looking to meet anyone involved in crewing, charter ops, aircraft management, FBOs, catering, cabin and galley design and equipment etc.

I have a list of booths I will be going to, not all for the reasons of selling myself, a lot to do with product education and learning, but some will be a possible opportunity to make a prospective work connection for the future.

Thanks for the information and up-front reply, it is appreciated.

TS

FrankR
17th May 2014, 19:14
I've been twice in three years. Don't know why I went back the second time... Maybe the location sucked me in.

It's a complete waste of time, with second rate presentations, few meaningful booths for pilots to visit, and few aircraft on display.

Oh, don't forget how expensive it is!!! Food, hotel, airfare... Zow!

Nope, unless someone puts a gun to your head, skip it! Head to NBAA in Orlando this October.

FR

mutt
17th May 2014, 20:57
Head to NBAA in Orlando this October Tray Surfer is Europe based, so EBACE makes sense.

I wish that we employed direct hire male stewards as this guys perseverance should open some doors for him :)

Mutt

Tray Surfer
17th May 2014, 21:47
FrankR,

I've been twice in three years. Don't know why I went back the second time... Maybe the location sucked me in.

It's a complete waste of time, with second rate presentations, few meaningful booths for pilots to visit, and few aircraft on display.

Oh, don't forget how expensive it is!!! Food, hotel, airfare... Zow!

Nope, unless someone puts a gun to your head, skip it! Head to NBAA in Orlando this October.

FR

I appreciate the reply.

In regards to some of the points you mention;

Cost - Very, very kindly gifted a ticket for the exhibition/conference, so that is costing me £0.

Hotel - That is what god created hotel loyalty program points for :)

Flight - I work for a commercial airline which flies 10 times a day to GVA and have rebate travel. I also collect frequent flyer miles, with this option being the one utilised on this occasion, making minimal cost of under £50.

Flight Attendant Conference on the day before was another cost, which was a staggering $25, but I emptied my penny jar for that one ;)

Food - Having operated countless GVA trips when I flew short haul ops, I know how to eat relatively cheap, and will also get complimentary breakfast at the hotel through my level of membership.

I have made sure that I have networked and arranged things to do before going, with people and companies. A lot of it will be of general interest to me and as someone new to the industry, I do believe I should at least make a concerted effort to get involved and risk the possibility of maybe meeting some new contacts and learning of aircraft, galley equipment, interiors, cabin management systems and service partners which may turn to be useful when I get my first position.

As mutt also mentions, I am UK/Europe based, so as much as NBAA in Orlando looks of great interest, a whole raft of US focussed suppliers and organisations is not going to be of massive use to me, so EBACE is by far more suitable for my geographical location.

Again, I appreciate your reply, but thankfully, on this occasion, no guns are required to chivvy along my willingness to attend.

Warm Regards,

TS

Tray Surfer
17th May 2014, 21:52
Hello mutt,

Tray Surfer is Europe based, so EBACE makes sense.

I wish that we employed direct hire male stewards as this guys perseverance should open some doors for him

Mutt

I wish you did too! :) And, not just my perseverance, but my sharp new suit too… :cool: :ok:

Hope you are well, and the sand pit is not getting too warm yet… :{

TS

galaxy flyer
17th May 2014, 22:17
mutt,

Are you going?

GF

mutt
18th May 2014, 12:46
Nope.... not much fun when we aren't in a position to shop :)

Mutt

Tray Surfer
18th May 2014, 14:13
Nope.... not much fun when we aren't in a position to shop

Mutt

My mum said "don't spend too much money or go buying anything…!" which did make me chuckle. Unless it is a commemorative mug or a fridge magnet, I don't think there will be any chance of that… :=

Brizeguy
18th May 2014, 21:26
EBACE app seems useful and that's free too :)

Tray Surfer
20th May 2014, 17:50
Yes, the App is very good and I have been using it today.

Free wifi in Palexpo helps too.

Tray Surfer
25th May 2014, 14:49
Well, despite some of the negative comments about EBACE, I found it to be very good.

It was very nice to have met a few people from here, and also some people I had made arrangements to meet with before hand and had some very interesting and informative discussions.

Several contacts made for possible freelance work, and useful to be able to get onboard some aircraft and have a poke around.

So, thanks to all for the useful stuff, and as I have found out, EBACE is what you make of it, and I made plenty of it.

Safe flying all!

TS