PDA

View Full Version : Global SIM Cards?

thehonourablefong
30th Apr 2014, 11:08
Afternoon everyone

I'm looking at buying a global SIM card from a company called GeoSIM, for when I'm out of the UAE...does anyone have any experience with them?

Have a UK O2 number at the moment that I use, wondering if this way would be any cheaper!

Fong

helen-damnation
30th Apr 2014, 12:44
Can't help with that but sounds interesting. Let us know more if you do :ok:

lospilotos
30th Apr 2014, 14:26
One benefit of these cards is that you in many countries get incoming calls for free while roaming. So you can still pick up that unknown number which turns out to be Emirates NDB sales guy without getting ruined...

Tight Seat
1st May 2014, 05:31
This is the best deal for you Fong...

India SIM card : Prepaid SIM Card from Cello Mobile (http://www.cellomobile.com/sim-card/india-sim-card.aspx)

thehonourablefong
1st May 2014, 05:45
Great...does it work in Sana'a too?!

Al Murdoch
1st May 2014, 15:00
Check out "Know Roaming" - interesting and innovate solution that looks pretty awesome. The only trouble is that it's so popular that it is very difficult to buy one of the required stickers.

thehonourablefong
1st May 2014, 16:03
Thanks Al, I actually found know roaming when I was looking yesterday, as you say it sounds like a great idea...so I signed up for the wait list. first 500 were delivered a few weeks ago it seems, i am number...8900 in the queue!

hopefully it'll be worth the wait...

Jetjock330
1st May 2014, 17:34
Just used Etislut in NY and text DAY100 (100MB) to 1010 and they charge AED35/24hours, just turn on DATA roaming on the iPhone 5 for a change. Normally its turned off outside UAE. Whats App is working fine. AED35 is equal to 17 sms or one beer for a day! Check balance on *177#. I promise, I don't work for them!
Other options available 25MB for a day too, text DAY25 to 1010.
Not bad for a change.

ruserious
2nd May 2014, 05:44
JJ, out of curiosity what was the DAY25 charge?

FO Cokebottle
5th May 2014, 01:44
I use World SIM and recommend it.

<https://www.worldsim.com/>

It is reasonably cheap for you to make calls but rather expensive for people to call you. It also depends what country you are in at the time.

A plus for this company is that your balance never expires.

Initial cost is approximately US$40 which includes US$10 credit.

:ok: