PDA

View Full Version : F2TH rating

BA299
29th Apr 2014, 19:59
Hi there,
I have a F2000EX easy I type rating do I need difference training for the new 2000LX and 2000S?? Which falcon airplanes has the new easy II cockpit??

thanks

jetopa
30th Apr 2014, 09:39
You don't need any difference course to fly the F2000LX as long as it's EASy I which is covered by your current type rating. The F2000LX was born as an EASy I airplane until deliveries in early 2013 where all new airplanes were delivered with the new stuff.

My guess is that most of the 'old ones' have been converted EASy II status by now.

The F2000S and F2000LXS however are EASy II only airplanes.

Difference courses are available with the 'usual suspects' and are (not surprisingly) costly.

deefer dog
1st May 2014, 01:32
You need differences training. Yes, it is ridiculously priced. All corporate training is ridiculously priced. Go figure or go complain to FS and CAE!

Don_Apron
6th May 2014, 19:36
Go to the ATO's in the US. It is more cost effective than Europe, better instructors and a lot of the BS is removed. The Europeans tend to want to complicate things. This DA "Easy" business is a classic example. You don't see Boeing putting out this sort of, shall we say.. non simplistic software. KIS. If I ain't broken, why fix it?

It seems incredible you are now typed on the avionics rather than the aircraft. IIRC from a DA2000 classic to easy is a whole new type rating. Where is the simplicity in that??? Flying the air frame it seems has taken a backseat in favour of the avionics. Another classic case of getting removed from the basic's of handling/flying? I think so.

"If it ain't Boeing..I'm not going."

His dudeness
7th May 2014, 07:11
Go to the ATO's in the US. It is more cost effective than Europe, better instructors and a lot of the BS is removed.

And get the total stupid overdone TSA stuff (As if one needs supplemental/differental training to fly an airplane into a building or rather fly the sim into whatever...) and the entry fee into the land of the brave and free. Plus the herassment and immigration, where the officers seems to be paid by rudeness...

NOT if I can avoid it. (though sh.. cose I loved to be in the States)

Don_Apron
7th May 2014, 07:52
Dude

Totally agree the gate was closed after the horse bolted. However, just practice trying to be nice when confronted by mindless morons. There are plenty around to get practice on. "Crowd control engineers", i.e. bouncers would be a good start.

As for those nice TSA guys, the ATO's if they are worth their salt, will assist greatly on readmission's. They have people employed just for that purpose as I'm sure you are aware. Customers should insist they give you all the help they can, or threaten to go elsewhere.