PDA

View Full Version : Difference between CTC IPP and CTC cadet routes

ccotton
28th Apr 2014, 18:40
I've been offered the chance of applying for both of these routes but I am unsure of the difference between the CTC IPP route and the CTC cadet route. If anyone could clear this up I would highly appreciate it

Vipersrt10
28th Apr 2014, 22:03
Why don't you just call them?

kalsh
29th Apr 2014, 17:37
Hey, from what i know on this is that the CTC IPP route is completely self funded so your paying for the training out right on your own. In regards to the CTC cadet route if you get onto it, I'm pretty sure you can take out a loan via the bank that CTC is associated to help fund the cost of training. As well as this they have a job holding pool for their cadet which has priority over the IPP candidates. Oh yes nearly forgot the most important part they have a failure protection for the cadet. This basically means if you happen to drop out for whatever reason they pay you back a percentage of the training fee depending how far along the course you drop out. Hope that helps

pilotlewis
8th Jul 2014, 10:35
Hi there was wondering if anyone could provide me with any advice regarding my FTE Assessment which is in a few weeks time. I recently took part in CTC's assessment and was wondering if FTE assessment is any more difficult or easier compared to that of CTC ?

JPFTEJerez
16th Jul 2014, 17:33
CTC's IPP gets you the exact same training as the CTC wings cadet but without the payment protection as mentioned above. Once you have completed your instrument rating back in Bournemouth you are interviewed for selection into the wings cadet programme and if successful you become a wings cadet for the final stage which is the airline qualification course. Upon completing that you are put into the hold pool with every other wings cadet. The loan is organised in the same way as the wings cadet along with the insurances etc. So to answer your question, there's no difference in the training, only the payment protection of your loan. It's a bigger risk but I believe that it makes you work even harder due to the added pressure.