PDA

View Full Version : South West Rocks YSWK?

QDMQDMQDM
27th Apr 2014, 00:47
Hi,

Does anyone have any contact details for this airfield and / or know of any available hangarage there for a Super Cub?

Thanks,

David

tecman
27th Apr 2014, 01:44
It's been a few years since I've been up at SWR but my impression was that the small airfield was very much a private strip, although I understood from locals that there have been fly-ins etc at various times. I did see a hangar but, again, it looked like a private concern. It's a very pretty location and I was suitably envious.

What about Kempsey? It's a tidy little airport, with a flying club, maintenance organization (at least when I was there) and a number of hangars. Better chance of finding hangarage there, I'd say.

skkm
27th Apr 2014, 02:27
I've flown in and out of YSWR quite a bit. It's owned by a lovely old chap named Rex, but yes, it's very much a private strip. The existing hangar houses his Cherokee. There are occasionally fly-ins organised, but apart from that there isn't public access as far as I'm aware.

If you're looking for hangarage in the area, Kempsey would be your best bet.

Ultralights
27th Apr 2014, 04:05
Rex is quite open to visitors, just give him a call, and he will grant you permission. let him know when you plan on arriving so he can plan on removing cattle from the paddock if they are in there. tie down beside his hangar, as said before, the hangar houses his cherokee.

last time i was there i used the strip for about a week, and he didnt want anything in the way of fees, but i made sure he had a nice wine and scotch over the chrissy holidays. :ok:

the NSW country airstrip guide had his details last time i checked, the AOPA airport guid might have as well, but i am not 100% sure of that..

QDMQDMQDM
27th Apr 2014, 05:00
Thanks very much.