PDA

View Full Version : Heli moving Tug for a 109

nigelh
25th Apr 2014, 17:13
Sorry if this has already been covered . I tried the search ....
Does anyone have an Aero - Pac Tug that they use on a 109 ? I am looking at getting one or using an elec winch as i am fed up with messing around with a quad bike and rope !!
Are they any good ? Is there anything out there better but not silly money ?
Do you have one you want to sell ( or swap for hours ...!! )

timprice
26th Apr 2014, 15:23
We use a motorised lawn mower ie sit on one, we got blacksmith to weld bracket on the front for 109 tow bar it works very well, on flat surfaces.
Its belt driven so you shouldn't beable to overstress front wheel.
If this is of any help.
Regards
Tim:ok:

nigelh
26th Apr 2014, 23:20
Thanks Tim . I have now found an electric one ...under £1500 inc vat which didn't seem too bad !!

Never in Balance
27th Apr 2014, 03:22
Hi Nigelh,

Could you please share what you bought, we are also looking to move a 109 and looking in to all options.

NiB

nigelh
27th Apr 2014, 13:10
This is the one . I would have liked something that could do skids as well but think that will be a lot more money .

APT4000- Battery Powered Aircraft Tow - highly effective, highly manoeuvrable, and powerful with speed regulator.
Effective and extremely powerful aircraft towing from the leader in quality tow units.
The APT 4000 offers:
Effective and extremely powerful aircraft towing.
•DC Motor for aircraft up to 5700 kg - 2 Size of tyres available (Grass - Tarmac )
•Faultless operation with the assistance of the forward/ backward acceleration rocker switch.
•Adjustable speed, forward up to 7 km/h, and backwards
•Virtually silent moving.
•Space saving design - No Cable no chains ! No need to lift unit to be able to turn.
•Environmentally friendly - no exhaust emission
•Easily removable 24V batteries with an average of 3 hours continuous use.
•Easily adjustable handle for customising to users height.
•Universal adaptor for a quick and easy attachment to a wide range of aircraft. .
Batteries and charger included
AUGUSTA 109 ADAPTER £94.00 inc VAT

jellycopter
28th Apr 2014, 05:06
I used to use a ride-on-mower and a proper tow bar. Worked a treat.

Be careful to realease the nosewheel lock otherwise you'll have an expensive repair on your hands. The correct towbar has a sheer pin to prevent this from happening.

I've got a towbar in my shed which I would sell if anyone is interested.

JJ

Never in Balance
28th Apr 2014, 10:10
thanks Nigelh.

nigelh
28th Apr 2014, 10:27
its not mine is it :eek: Mine has been pinched !! Let me know what you want for it ...but it will have to be cheap ...you know me !!