PDA

View Full Version : EK - Special Tickets

halas
25th Apr 2014, 09:11
What'd ya mean we don't get no stinking Skywards Miles on this ticket. :confused:

I paid a fortune for a J class ticket and no chauffer drive or lounge access? WTF :}

halas

GoreTex
25th Apr 2014, 11:16
and thats why I call these tickets just another scam, after the company increased our ticket prices they make more money on us.

did you really think they come up with something good for us?

Al Murdoch
25th Apr 2014, 17:55
Have you actually been able to book any? All I see is zeroes...

GoreTex
25th Apr 2014, 21:05
nope because they were only an excuse to increase our Cat A tickets

Al Murdoch
26th Apr 2014, 09:41
I can understand it when commercial passengers are filling the flight - that's what we're in the business of doing and we shouldn't get upset about that.
What I don't understand is when the flight is clearly wide open with literally half a cabin full as the estimated load and even less as actual bookings, but no special or confirmed tickets available to buy. I mean, come on!

InnocentBystander
27th Apr 2014, 20:48
Apparently there's quite a scam going with these. Certain staff are monitoring trips.net and book special tickets as soon as they become available and then sell them off for 50% of the difference to regular tickets.

For some staff making small dirhams quite an opportunity to make some extra money on the side up to but not exceeding your monthly allowance...

Google mechanical turks.

DCS99
28th Apr 2014, 16:15
No surprise.
That explains the strongly worded GW warning today.

Been here too long to be shocked in the slightest.

pilotday
28th Apr 2014, 16:36
The Koreans strike again? Perhaps a Lebanese scam this time?

Good job ruining something for everyone. We all will be punished.

afcwxm
1st May 2014, 10:38
My long service retiree ticket which I have for life used to be available as long as there weres ALT's available in the column.
But now they have shifted them into the special ticket category which makes it impossible to get a confirmed booking both ways!!

So 18 years of graft and now that I have left with my perks I am being shafted!!! Thanks EK

STOP these special offer tickets affecting our dues!!!!

afcwxm
1st May 2014, 10:40
what do you mean the Koreans strike again why ? what did they do?

kirungi1
1st May 2014, 11:22
That's a tough one! Perhaps, you'd be the most expected to understand/bear the complexity of industry from experience. Tough decisions every where, What do you think? Just asking...

afcwxm
1st May 2014, 12:37
It seems no loyalty and another money making scheme.
Do these tickets really benefit the hardcore of staff or just the newbies to bring their buddies over for a holiday to Dubai. Like someone else said on another thread they are only good to bring over their mates for a laugh to Dubai or for gay personnel who can't get registered under close relatives!!!

By the way I'm not homophobic but that's the way it looks to me!

ps this is without suggesting the misuse by a few individuals...surely not..

The Turtle
2nd May 2014, 06:08
agreed.......

These seats are hard
2nd May 2014, 07:57
Someone please find an email address this place has been in a downward slide for years with all the stuff the hr department finds as worlds best practice. To add with the roster these days places like Korean Air are starting to look attractive.
I would be happy if they just put it back the way it was there is no incentive to do long term in this place anymore. Every new manager has to prove themselves its getting stupid.
Rant over:ugh:

glofish
3rd May 2014, 04:18
My long service retiree ticket which I have for life used to be available as long as there weres ALT's available in the column.
But now they have shifted them into the special ticket category which makes it impossible to get a confirmed booking both ways!!

So 18 years of graft and now that I have left with my perks I am being shafted!!! Thanks EK

STOP these special offer tickets affecting our dues!!!!

"The moor has done his duty , the moor can go"

This Is a citation from Friederich Schiller, but as true as it is here, as little my expectation that the persons in charge would have the sophistication to know who that is, nor the compassion to understand the deeper meaning.
To screw retirees must be the lowest form of greediness displayed up to today. Although i most probably will never make it to that stage, either my health will be ruined before or the s... bucket will be full, i truly consent with our former collegues. They can no longer even vote with their feet and if they complain, their entitlement will simply be withdrawn!!

EK managers you should be deeply ashamed. :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

GoreTex
3rd May 2014, 06:07
I agree, get rid of the special tickets, they are only here to screw us, if EK really wants to be good to its staff they give us buddy passes

airbusgirl66
3rd May 2014, 06:31
To screw the retirees is just absolutely shameful. := :=:=

We are all expats here. To see our families, we must travel home. Get rid of the Special tickets, and go back to the old Cat A prices as that's the ONLY tickets most of us use or can afford. And while your at it....feel free to give us an extra ALT ticket per year if we can't be allocated 42 consecutive days of leave.

kingpost
3rd May 2014, 07:59
Fully agree regarding the retiree's tickets, it's their right to be allocated those tickets.

It's no use moaning on this forum, time to get back onto group world.

Fart Master
3rd May 2014, 08:48
"EK managers you should be deeply ashamed."

That's the very reason they were appointed. They have no shame, morals or ethics...

afcwxm
6th May 2014, 02:22
yep my return flight
expected 0/ 25/ 350 out of a a380 config
but no specials available 0/0/0 contractual yes but there is where my long service concession used to be...what a joke

glofish
6th May 2014, 03:37
Mind you:

It's not only for retirees. Our SRC tickets went down the same drain.

"Service related" my a$$. Just shows how much this company values our service: at the same level as any "friend" of an employee. :ugh:

what_goes_up
6th May 2014, 03:44
Glo
I can still order SRC tickets on TRIPS... Anything I have missed?
Shame on them for the retiree tickets... NOT right.

flareflyer
6th May 2014, 15:20
What is the point to give us these special tickets for friends if in most of the flights there are none available????
Is it a joke or what???
:ugh:

Fart Master
7th May 2014, 02:47
Are the Special tickets shown as 'CAT CWE" on the flight status page?

glofish
7th May 2014, 04:48
I am talking about the firm SRC tickets. We get those after some service years. They used to have access via the "contractual" line. Now they can only be accessed via the "special tickets" line, exactly as happened to the retirees' SRC tickets.

Some of you pointed out rightly that you barely see other numbers than the ugly "0" there .....

I still strongly feel that any "firm service related ticket" should have the same privileges as contractual tickets. There are not that many, so it should not harm the poor owner, but as we will have deserved such tickets through service, they should not be degraded and treated like "goodwill" tickets as CAT99 or friends tickets.

Pattz
7th May 2014, 08:29
Gents,

I used this little loophole once when there was 0 special tickets available and the loads were showing half empty (actually I was suggested this by checking-in staff at the airport).

I booked a special ticket on a date in the future when there were tickets available, then at the airport on the day on travel the staff changed the date the correct date.

A bit complicated......but it worked!

helen-damnation
7th May 2014, 09:30
Write to SK, head of industry travel :(

lospilotos
7th May 2014, 11:40
Problem is that the "zero" not only applies to special tickets, but is also hurting us current employees when trying to book confirmed Cat C.

SOPS
7th May 2014, 12:42
Yes Cat C has virtually disappeared as well.:(

RUB 1 OUT
7th May 2014, 14:26
Shame on EK management,:=

Someone trying it win themselves a Najim and screw the rest of us :D:D