PDA

View Full Version : "Happy Boxes"

Paddle Steamer
20th May 2002, 11:35
Anyone travelled to Kinshasa recently with SAA.The meals on board are a lucky packet...what a cost saving exercise and with total disregard for the pax.What you can do with a captive market.Check out the Downunder and godzown forum re Q box food and see what happened to Quantas.This is the start of something new from SAA.

B Sousa
20th May 2002, 15:22
Meals for Airlines are a treat that is on its way out for sure. Originally designed, I believe, for flying in a DC-3 on some two day cross country..
Thing that pisses me off is that instead of just doing away with meals, and telling the PAX to bring something, they insult you. Southwest Airlines throws peanuts, like your an Elephant in a circus. I think next time someone chucks a bag of Peanuts at me, Im going to fiure them back.... (Interfering with a flight crew peanut thrower, I know)
Coffee or Drinks, OK, but crappy meals......no.... Do away with them and save the agony....

PAXboy
20th May 2002, 18:11
The food in a carry out sack is something that BA staarted a couple of years ago for UK domestic flights. Some are OK.

As to Southwest Airlines, they are a low cost airline and stated form the outset that they would chuck bags of peanuts. I have not used them myself but hear that their levels of customer satisfaction are at the kind of heights that main line carriers only dream of.

If you board expecting a plated meal and they throw peanuts - then you could complain! But with Southwest, you know what you are going to get when you buy your ticket.

Same with easyJet and GO in this country.

The Claw
20th May 2002, 23:42
The two bean counters currently running SAA brought the idea across with them from SAX. :eek:

Paddle Steamer
21st May 2002, 04:57
Iran Air can serve a full A300 in 15mins by throwing peanuts/food in boxes and a drink at you,2 mins to clean up as most of it is on the floor and then the "staff in the boot" go and rest.The pax know this and have developed catching skills that a cricket team will appreciate....oh and the "staff" can fix lose panels in flight with duct tape.Man they are efficient.Still we did expect something like that but not quiet as severe.

Vlamgat
21st May 2002, 06:27
Actual R/T between JHB TWR and an S.A. Airlink Captain::

On landingL

TWR: Link, Please look out as there is a dead Impala somewhere on the Runway!!

Link: Thank you very much for the caution!!, we have seen the dead impala, we have passed by it already and we also have already informed our caterers!!

Munch away boys!! :D