PDA

View Full Version : An Australian Airlines Coaching and Developing vs Check and Training

MICHEAL STIPE
20th May 2002, 11:13
Cabin Crew

*Coaching and Developing*
Doesn't get paid a loading on top of your pay.
It's Done for free , love of Job????????

*Check and Training*
Does get paid a loading on top of Pay.
You get paid for the Extra duty.........

MMMMMM well then hands up who's going for the Former then?????

What are your thoughts ???? If Any....

MICHEAL STIPE
21st May 2002, 06:10
Oh and by the way I don't mean the Actual airline "Australian"

It's the other Airline and its not Qantas.

Back to the top!!!!!

cabinboy
21st May 2002, 07:02
what the ?

MICHEAL STIPE
21st May 2002, 10:43
Cabin Boy.

VB doesn't pay Cabin Crew for this apparent new role .
Coaching and Developing.
Technically they do not have to pay you when its called this.

If it was Check & Training then they would.

You pays your staff you gets your work done

vdd
21st May 2002, 10:47
Can someone explain the "coaching and developing" role? I know it's kinda obvious, but as a non-airline employee, what exactly does the job involve? Is it only a VB thing or does QF have this "coaching and developing" role as well except you get paid for it at QF??

Very confused!

Ta

Evacu8
21st May 2002, 14:32
QF shorthaul has Inflight trainers.... there is a (very) small pay rise only when you do the job. Ansett was the same.... no more than a token pay increase while you had a trainee.

You DO have to do it for love, certainly not money.

QF longhaul has no such inflight training. You complete training, and off you go. No inflight training, no check flights etc just probabtion and a learning journal.... and of course, the usual inflight assessments from the CSM & CSS on every flight ..... but all crew get that on every flight !!

Wonderworld
21st May 2002, 15:09
Maybe QF longhaul should have inflight training after reading some of the comments at www.notgoodenough.org

smile
22nd May 2002, 04:48
Wonderworld

I looked at your site and WOW some people are unhappy!!!

Although you have to take into account that not everyone goes away unhappy!!!

Just a little curious--but what exactly does QF's (or any other airline for that matter) 'complaint dept' do. I mean this as a serious question. Do they just file complaints and give the customers a place to vent or are they also continually using this information to suggest areas of improvemnt for the company.

love SMILE:D