PDA

View Full Version : FI ME / CRI ME PIC requirement.

OhNoCB
24th Apr 2014, 13:46
Hopefully a really simple question with a really simple answer, but unable to source an answer from elsewhere.

Requirements for the above are 500h TT and 30h PIC.

Does PICUS count for PIC?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify.

nick14
24th Apr 2014, 15:35
Some say no some say yes.

I would go for the worst case and say no.

OhNoCB
24th Apr 2014, 15:57
Any way to find out for sure other than to ring the CAA and have them tell me to check CAP804? It makes a massive difference (myself having less than 5 PIC hours but plenty of PICUS)

nick14
24th Apr 2014, 19:42
Im in the same position. Plenty of PICUS but only 5 PIC. Im tryig to fin a cheap way of getting the time but short of hour building in the states its a long expensive road.

Whopity
24th Apr 2014, 20:20
How do you acrue all the PICUS? Its only for tests past!Pilot undergoing any form of flight test with a EASA or CAA Authorised Examiner - PICUS for successful Test P/UT for unsuccessful test (including partial pass) and ‘Pilot-in-command under supervision’ (PICUS) means a co-pilot performing, under the supervision of the pilot-in-command, the duties and functions of a pilot-in-command. Not relevant on SPA.

jessie05
24th Apr 2014, 20:21
Hi guys or gals

I can help you with this , and also other members will also confirm this as I asked exactly the same question last year, and they assisted me.

I did the CRI ME Instructor rating last year with a total of 30.05 hours multi PIC . It took me 6 years to get this number ! I had some 10 hrs US time as PIC when the quid was 2 dollars , and every revalidation was counted as PICUS and signed by the examiner as such. I also had the odd flight with my employer and i could log that as PIC.

I thoroughly checked with the CAA , who would not enter into individual circumstances for the ME CRI , but only to look in the regulations.

I did the course , and they examined my logbook etc , and then i sent off loads of forms for the rating to be added , but highlighted every PIC multi engine hour for them to easily find and check if they wanted to.

As far as i am concerned , the PICUS element is accepted providing the examiner signs your logbook as PICUS. And that is a fact .

Good luck with the hour building massive cost, and thats why it took me so long to get those hours , as i didn't want to pay anymore money for training . However , i did research how to build hours very quickly and found a company in USA that would charge you a reasonable amount for twin time under EASA rules . Just google Twin engine hour building, and the result will be there.

One other word of advice. If you decide to pay for 25 hrs of twin time in europe , you will be getting close to a TR cost, with perhaps more job opportunities etc.

Good luck.

jess

OhNoCB
24th Apr 2014, 23:15
Jessie05, thank you very much for your account of things. Appreciate your help. Nice answer for me as well to top it off!

Whopity I have a ~130 hours PICUS in an MEP that I used to fly as a F/O under the conditions of the AoC stating multi pilot usage with an approved upgrade scheme detailed for command which specified logging PICUS when all normal commander duties were carried out by the FO and they flew the entire leg.

nick14
25th Apr 2014, 01:50
In that case SPIC should count as long as it is signed by the instructor.

Whopity
25th Apr 2014, 06:52
I don't think PICUS has ever been an issue in the UK as Jessie 05 states. The UK CAA have in the past refused to accept SPIC as part of the 30 hours for ME CRI. It was their own interpretation, and not written in JAR-FCL.

janrein
29th Apr 2014, 17:53
"It was their own interpretation, and not written in JAR-FCL."

It was written in LASORS H 1.4: [...] It should be noted that ME SPIC time is not allowable towards this 30 hours requirement.

jr