PDA

View Full Version : Vale A.J.C (Tony) Paull

Ascend Charlie
24th Apr 2014, 07:29
Bankstown and Palm Beach are a whole lot quieter with the passing of Tony Paull, one of the characters of the aviation industry.

Tony was a radio operator on Connies in Qantas before gaining his pilot qualifications. He operated in the Pacific Islands and New Guinea before retiring from flying and running an aviation insurance business from Bankstown. He didn't really need a radio to make himself heard, he possessed a VERY loud voice with an infectious laugh that sounded like The Count from Sesame Street.

He lived at Palm Beach on the hill, and drove a distinctive Mini Moke, which probably helped to contribute to the melanoma which finally got him last night.

He was my favourite ex-uncle-in-law, who coincidentally had flown with my father and my uncle in the Connie days. RIP Tony.

LeadSled
24th Apr 2014, 14:57
Very sad, one more of the true characters in aviation gone for good.
R.I.P.

TANUA
25th Apr 2014, 15:00
AC & LS

Well said-Tony was a very nice man & always interesting. I met him in my early days of aviation at Bankstown-(1977-1979). My best wishes to all of his family.

walschaert valve
26th Apr 2014, 07:16
Lovely old fella, would see him every six months or so at an industry lunch and enjoyed hearing his stories. He will be missed. Vale Tony Paull.

walschaert valve
29th Apr 2014, 01:47
Tony's funeral will be tomorrow 30th April at The Scots College Chapel, Victoria Rd, Bellevue Hill at 1.30pm. "By request, no flowers"

knight kevlar
2nd May 2014, 05:47
It certainly will be a much quieter place without AJC .

He still had a fantastic memory and seemed to know everyone's first and second name.

RIP Tony