PDA

View Full Version : IR(R) issue - CAA backdate the rules?

hegemon88
23rd Apr 2014, 15:14
Dear All,

I am awaiting issue of a shiny and new IR(R) attached to my EASA PPL. Complete application sent in at the beginning of April, a number of phone calls subsequently made to check that received OK, complete, no delays etc. The 10-day-from-receipt date came and went and only today the CAA told me there will be a delay because of lack of new legislation mandating IR(R) issue after 8 April 2014. I immediately protested as my application arrived well before the 8th, but to no avail. The following makes an oblique reference to the problem:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Information%20Notice%202014_074v1.pdf

My point is this: CAA have only published the note on the day after it started applying. Had I known about the legal glitch in advance (like they surely did!) I would have had an opportunity to honour them with a visit and use the same day service before the 8th. While I'm sure that no amount of complaining will make a licensing officer backdate a procedure and speed my IR(R) up, I believe it was all handled very badly and deserves at least a loud complaint afterwards. Chances are there will be a few more pilots in a similar situation so if you'd like to make your voice heard, please PM me and let's make a joint written complaint so that it carries more weight than individual ones.

OK, feeling marginally better now... :ugh:

/h88

Contacttower
23rd Apr 2014, 15:54
I can't offer to add to the complaint since I have not been a victim of this but I would be interested in hearing about your experience using the relatively new complaints procedure - please share how you get on. :ok:

Johnm
23rd Apr 2014, 16:17
File a formal complaint, they say themselves that it is only the same day service they can't do.