PDA

View Full Version : Monarch 2014

Harry palmer
21st Apr 2014, 12:02
Any news from the monarch camp regarding recruitment this year?

momo95
21st Apr 2014, 14:35
I wouldn't hold my breath. From what I heard at the open day they're starting to favour wings cadets.

beardedclam
30th Apr 2014, 12:50
I was put in contact with a well placed HR individual, and was bluntly, though politely, told that they had a holding pool of people with 4000+ hours on type, who they would be considering for 2015....

Groundloop
30th Apr 2014, 15:39
I wouldn't worry, someone with 4000+ hours on type is nowhere near as employable as a 200 hour cadet these days. Just make sure you're in heaps of debt with no commercial experience whatsoever and you'll be shoehorned in ahead of any experienced guys.

Monarch have always had a very broad recruitment spectrum taking a mix of low houred and experienced (TR and non-TR) people in the past.

Plastic787
30th Apr 2014, 15:52
Groundloop, true, but I'm hearing disturbing stories that Monarch is no longer swimming against the tide in that respect. You've got to wonder what's up when PPJN says Monarch are positively hiring but there has been absolutely no developments on that score for the experienced pilot population. Maybe the website should be renamed Cadet Pilots Jobs Network for all the relevant information it has for experienced guys right now.

Harry palmer
30th Apr 2014, 16:35
Very true! Everything seems to be going against experienced guys flying for the regionals on Dash Deltas and Embraer's etc. Nothing against a broad spectrum of experience for recruitment. Hats off to the company's that will consider low hour non rated people if they prove to have the goods! But where do we go to advance our careers when the likes of BA Monarch Easyjet Thomson favour cadet schemes and ctc types over 2000 3000 hour plus experienced operators.

doz111
1st May 2014, 18:12
I think what the original post is asking about is whether there is likely to be an ab initio scheme run again through Monarch, such as the Monarch MPL, with CTC, as there was last year.

Anyone have any information on this?

BugSpeed
8th Jul 2014, 09:19
Hi Guys,

I'm a MON hold pool swimmer.

As far as I'm aware, the recruiting plan is being finalised at the moment for 2015 start dates. It's all hanging on the FAB airshow announcement about a/c orders.

Once that has happened, the circa 25 - 35 strong existing hold pool will start to have course dates issued.

Based on the chat in my interview, they are looking at MPL alongside a continued mix of experienced crew in the future.

Don't turn this into a "MPL is cack" thread! It's not. I've trained them. Happy to answer questions via PM's though.

Hope that helps!!

pilotatlast
8th Jul 2014, 20:58
What happens if you are A320 rated in the pool and they go Boeing....... I suppose you drop down the pile?

BugSpeed
9th Jul 2014, 20:51
Pilotatlast,

As far as I'm aware, MON are not BA with regard to recruitment. This is not a "in the hold pool subject to the wind in the right direction" situation (been there at least once).

The order has yet to be confirmed anyway.

If you are a Pooler, drop me a PM.

Cliff Secord
10th Jul 2014, 10:33
Groundloop, true, but I'm hearing disturbing stories that Monarch is no longer swimming against the tide in that respect. You've got to wonder what's up when PPJN says Monarch are positively hiring but there has been absolutely no developments on that score for the experienced pilot population. Maybe the website should be renamed Cadet Pilots Jobs Network for all the relevant information it has for experienced guys right now.

+1. There's nothing. You come on wanabees to read about all the UK jobs. I'm stuck overseas - wide bodied, 4 engine jet - and not a sausage of hope over here in UK and my family are getting very dismayed at never seeing me. Frustrating how the cadet cancer has knackered the job market. And it is knackered.

Jetdriver
10th Jul 2014, 15:10
This is the wannabes forum. If you are an experienced pilot, create or add to an existing thread in Terms & Endearment. If is about cadet recruitment or entry level employment you are in the right place.