PDA

View Full Version : Question on EASA ATPL

lastdon
20th Apr 2014, 20:48
Hi,

As a non EU national living in Belgium, i have a PPL(A) with night rating issued by the CAA in BEL.

I intend to proceed for distance learning for ATPL through a school in poland.

I need answers to the following questions:

1. Would i need a class 1 medical exam in poland to do distance learning from a school based in poland?
2. Is it mandatory to complete ATPL and CPL + IR in the same state?
3. For IR ATPL theory exams (all 14) must be completed prior to practical training?

Thanks Already. Appreciate your response.

ec155mech
20th Apr 2014, 21:06
Not sure about 1 & 2. But yes you must have ALL 14 exams passed before you can commence the CPL flying course.

lastdon
20th Apr 2014, 21:11
Thanks.
For 1 & 2 i have been informed that medical - class 1 is needed to be from the same state. Im still not sure :suspect:

paco
21st Apr 2014, 05:00
You don't need a Class 1 medical to start distance learning - just an ICAO PPL.

You don't have to do everything in one state, but your records lie in whichever state controls your medical, where you are for more than 183 days a year.

All 14 exams must be passed before you take the skill test - you can train while you are taking them.

Watt001
21st Apr 2014, 05:49
For 1 & 2 i have been informed that medical - class 1 is needed to be from the same state. Im still not sure

Hi, you definitely do NOT have to have the medical in the same country, I know it from my own experience. I always go for a maedical check abroad.
You must have your ground ATPL studies finished before starting IR training and also you must have your exams finished before IR skill test, as Paco says.
Which school are you about to attend?

lastdon
21st Apr 2014, 08:51
Hi Paco & Watt.

Thanks for your response. The school is bartolini air which you can see here:
Bartolini Air EASA Flight Training Organisation - Fly in Poland (http://www.flyinpoland.com)

So based on your response, it seems like for me, study - appear for atpl exams in poland, and then return to belgium to start IR.:)

paco
23rd Apr 2014, 18:00
You should be able to do them in another state.

Watt001
23rd Apr 2014, 20:21
I'm in the process of doing the ATPL exams in the UK, conversion from foreign license. Must I do the skills tests in the UK or am I able to do them in another EASA state? Thanks in advance...

I confirm, you are allowed to pass it in any EASA state, I also handled this situation today.