PDA

View Full Version : Mi-8 MTV Navigation

cibalko
15th Apr 2014, 12:38
Hi guys.
We have in our company in Mi-8 MTV helicopter some navigation equipment. I found, itīs navigation from Vniira, type BMS-MFIS. Do somebody of you have a manual from this in english? We have in our company some materials from this navigation, but itīs only in russian language, which I donīt understand :rolleyes:
Thank you very much for your responses.

Miklavz
16th Apr 2014, 04:37
Hello!
I'm pretty sure that you can find a lot of people in Slovakia that still understand Russian language; I'm not convinced that the manuals were translated to English. Othervise try to find some Croatian guys that hang on the forum, maybe they can help you.
RGDS, Mike

cibalko
16th Apr 2014, 08:36
Ok, thank you very much for your answer. Yes, the older guys know russian language. But Iīm from the generation who learned english. I will try to ask some guys, who know russian language. Otherwise I will have to learn to work with this navigation in flight. I already managed how to turn it in to the english :D

Pancake7
16th Apr 2014, 14:06
HI cibalko.
Frankly speaking I've never seen any of this kind on Mil helicopters. But if it looks like that http://www.oosa.unvienna.org/pdf/icg/2009/icg-4/12.pdf (last page) then it might have some similar functions as GNS 530.
Anyway, the only right thing that you can do with this equipment is to try to test it on the ground, with ground power unit.
good luck:)

Miklavz
16th Apr 2014, 14:59
No problem; anyway, there is a number of croatian pilots on the forum, the use the same type of chopper; I am sure they can help.
I know russian - rusty - so I am not sure I can help you very much. And I flew MI-8 that didn't have any inbuilt navigation system...
Take care,
Mike

cibalko
20th Apr 2014, 16:32
Thanks Mike. I hope I will find some solution. Maybe I will find some guy who knows russian. Or I will test it in flight as we donīt have no external power unit. It only works when AI-9 (APU) is running - it doesnīt works on batteries. Thanks a lot guys ;)