PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ......

Sam Dodger
12th Apr 2014, 09:18
Does anyone out there have any contact details or any recent info for any of these ex RAF pilots who are the only 3 from the 21 who graduated from 169 Flying Training Course at RAF Syerston in May 1966 that we have been unable to trace ?

Have already contacted the various RAF Squadron Associations without any success

Sqn Ldr John (J) Cable (****643) - ex Canberras and possibly JP QFI at RAF Leeming. His name does not appear in my copy of "The RAF Retired List" of 2004 but if anyone has an earlier copy of the RAF Retired List (post 1996 and pre 2004) that shows John's date of birth that would be very useful as it could provide a link to some other info we have already discovered.

Flt Lt Peter (PS) Griffiths (****518) - ex Victor tankers, AEW Shackleton, last seen as Hawk QFI at RAF Valley in early 80's and retired from RAF in 1984.

Flt Lt Bryan (B A) Wilson (****280) - ex ATC, think he went to Shackletons and he retired from the RAF in 1978. He came from Middlesborough and his seem to remember his parents ran a pub called the Cricketers Arms.

Old-Duffer
12th Apr 2014, 11:20
Can I suggest you purchase a subscription to the website: 192.com which gives a mix of Electoral Roll and telephone directory information - this is not an AD nor an endorsement but I did help somebody who was looking for a chap in his 80s living near Staines!

Old Duffer

Sam Dodger
12th Apr 2014, 12:59
Thanks for the suggestion OD, but have tried that, and either no info ( living abroad or passed away ?) or too many hits for the more common names, even using the initials in the search. Hopefully any information would increase the known criteria and thus narrow the search.

Sam

BARKINGMAD
5th May 2014, 19:54
I believe Pete Griffiths was last heard of in the civilian professional flying training empire, possibly Jerez relatively recently?

Will make enquiries in that area and report back if anything further. :)

Sam Dodger
1st Jun 2014, 09:01
Thanks for that Barkingmad and it looks like there were 2 Pete Griffiths at Jerez.

For future viewers of this post I have now discovered that John Cable died in 2001.

That only leaves Flt Lt Bryan Wilson ex Cpl ATC and then Shackleton pilot to trace.

onetrack
1st Jun 2014, 10:06
Sam - This memorial site below can often produce a result for deceased persons if a memorial has been left for them.

HeavenAddressUK (http://www.heavenaddress.com/partner/view/fd/uk)

Rossian
1st Jun 2014, 13:15
...if he was on Shacks, try contacting "The Growler" website; it is the fount of all knowledge as far as Shacklebombers and Shacklebomber people go. There's bound to be a boring old fart or two in there who will know (so says an ex-Shack BOF one's self)

The Ancient Mariner

Yellow Sun
3rd Jun 2014, 15:17
Sam Dodger - see your PMs

YS

Sam Dodger
3rd Jun 2014, 18:50
Thanks Yellow Sun

Sam Dodger
11th Jun 2014, 23:13
Am now in contact with Peter Griffiths so just looking for Bryan Wilson, ex Shackletons, possibly 42 Sqn Nimrod and possibly Dan-Air pilot
Sam

Sam Dodger
28th Jun 2014, 10:32
Now in contact with Bryan Wilson in Australia