PDA

View Full Version : Airbus (A320) approved headset list

Superpilot
10th Apr 2014, 15:22
Yes, this topic again.

My current understanding is that Airbus have an approved list of headsets that can be used on the A320 available which is at least 10 years old. I have since then heard many different things:

1.) The list is still a de-facto list, do not use any headset other than what's on the approved list.

2.) The list only tells us what has been tested and guaranteed to work correctly, you can use anything you like as a headset is not part of the installed equipment list (unlike the hand mic) and therefore not subject to certification.

3.) The list was abrogated and now Airbus approves any headset which has been approved by the appropriate authority (In the US, TSO approval is required).

So, in the year 2014 what is the correct way to understand the whole headset situation?

busav8r
17th Apr 2014, 09:14
"So, in the year 2014 what is the correct way to understand the whole headset situation?"

Good question SP. I believe no one exactly knows (including the Airbus) how to answer your question. The last Airbus Service Information Letter (SIL) is dated from Oct 2011 (AFAIK) and is already completely outdated. :ugh:

Anyone has any update in relation to this controversial subject?

cessnapete
18th Apr 2014, 06:54
The RAF use Bose A20s on their A330.

Natstrackalpha
27th Apr 2014, 22:07
Bose A20s it is then. Except Bose break like they are made of tacky plastic and big fat Dave Clarks don`t. shame Dave Clark`s are not light thereby enabling communication across the cockpit.

avi8r.mir
30th Jul 2014, 14:44
Hey, try Bose CQ15 with uflymike.com its cheeper than A20 and its very nice.

Cheers

gorter
30th Jul 2014, 15:20
Bose A20s it is then. Except Bose break like they are made of tacky plastic and big fat Dave Clarks don`t. shame Dave Clark`s are not light thereby enabling communication across the cockpit.

Care to elaborate. I've used my own personal Bose A20 for over 1500 hours and I haven't even chipped it.

AppleMacster
31st Jul 2014, 05:42
I've been using the DC PRO-X on the 320 for four months. They work very well and are pretty lightweight (7.5 ounces). Over here, they are £400 cheaper than the Bose. The Bluetooth is great for calling Ops when you need both hands free for paperwork/tech log when chatting!