PDA

View Full Version : CASA Examination Questions

JuniorPilot
19th May 2002, 11:28
Hi guys,
IT would be most useful if anyone could let me know:
1) Good questions & answers books for CPL & PPL CASA examinations
2) WEbsites in connection to CASA exam style questions .
3) Anyone who had sat for the CASA examinations

or just any usefull informations.....

get back soon to me.....or e-mail me .....thank you

TwinNDB
21st May 2002, 00:13
I used Trevor Thom books for my PPL and CPL theory and found them to be almost spot on. The only difference is that I didnt use it for my Echo loading in the CPL part as I took a class for that bit.

For practice exmas I found that he was fairly close to the real thing and although with the new Cyber system I'm not sure anymore. For practice exams (CPL) try the ones from Val Dyse and Holland (not sure about the spelling). They are VERY VERY hard questions, much harder than the TT books but are good for the practice. Was failing the VD&H questions, doing really well with the TT questions and ended up passing the CPL first go.\

Hope that helps.

Twin

franksnbeans
29th May 2002, 03:00
I'm currently about half way through my CPL theory. I'm attending a class at nights part time. We use Ruth King in class, but I find that to be a bit 'this is how you pass', but benificial none the less. I resorted to reading TT as well. It gives me a different view of things, (a bit more indepth).

in rgds to Cyber exams:

Nav is identical to TT and RK. I cleaned house on that one. Aerodynamics is fairly similar, but with a stronger emphisis on wake turbulence, so study up a bit on that one. They ask very confusing questions. Two guys in my class failed, not because they didn't know their stuff, but because of the way the questions are asked. You will need to do some wider reading re Wake turb. Performance is pretty much identical to TT/RK.

The trouble with the theory books/classes at the moment is that the system has changed, so the examinations are a bit more indepth than they used to be.

I would suggest a theory class, as there will be people there from all differet backgrounds/professions who will excell in cirtain subjects and help you out and vice versa.

Don't stress about it, if you can do TT, then you'll be fine.

fnb