PDA

View Full Version : metroliner or beech

aerofly
8th Apr 2014, 07:27
if you had the choice of obtaining hours on a beech 1900 or metro liner, which one would you choose?

Alive
9th Apr 2014, 11:01
I think you must be looking at the eagle jet turbo prop programme?

If it was my money I would go with the type most popular within the region your legally allowed to be employed.

Those programmes are expensive for what they are and to have a good chance of employment afterwards you would need the 1250 hour package which will probably take 2 years & I here rumours that the Ameriflight Captains dont take very kindly to the FO's on these programmes also can you log P2 time on these turbo props? I think they are single pilot ops?? Unsure tho

aerofly
17th Apr 2014, 11:17
thank you for your reply.

listen, i know it sucks to go this way and that people are disliking it as a form of obtaining hours.
i know that a lot are struggling, but i finished 18 months ago, and I'm really getting desperate.

with a 500 hour program, i will reach a total of 1000 hours, and i hope that it will give me a better position even with smaller companies, but i imagine that a 1000 hours is better than 480.

it really hurts me do having to do this, and its not something that i am happy about, but at some point i have to give it a last shot instead of sitting in 5 years and thinking what might have happened if had taken the chance...

I'm from scandinavia but the way :)

mad_jock
17th Apr 2014, 11:40
Well there are a couple of metros in your area and also some beaches.

My thoughts are that the beech is a single pilot aircraft and you may or may not have issues with logging hours in the FO's seat.

The metro is 100% a EASA mutlicrew aircraft so there won't be issues with logging hours.

The metro also doesn't have an autopilot so will set you up for life with the handling skills gained.

But there are more opportunity's flying king airs than metro's which are just tampons with wings and pair of garrettes lashed to them.

aerofly
17th Apr 2014, 13:00
thank for the feedback mad jock

the beech can be logged as p2 hours, but after having a look at it, i would be more tempted to choose the metro because of the logged hours, and also if it lets me fly without using autopilot.

unfortunately there isn't any king air hours to get or else i would definitely prefer that.

they only offer beech, metro and short

mad_jock
17th Apr 2014, 13:06
is it a 1900D?

Whats the short?

aerofly
17th Apr 2014, 16:13
Beech 1900

Beech 99

Short 330/360

mertroliner III

thats the 4 choices :)

Alive
17th Apr 2014, 16:59
Aeros I understand your position fully and wish you luck.

I know Stephane and the CEO of EJ been to there offices in Miami etc

The flying is out of Burbank in California it's cargo ops for Ameriflight with some routes in to Mexico & Canada.

Sounds like the Metro is best bet, however the beech is a better aircraft IMO also if you have B1900 hours you can get hired on Kingairs with experience on the 1900 it's basically the same aircraft and cockpit.

If you get a B200 rating I think you just need a small differences traing for C90 & B1900

The first step is VISA (student) and FAA Conversion then you are good to go & start down in California

I hope it works out for you, do post this time next year & tell how it's going

Dufo
17th Apr 2014, 17:32
You can fly my rostered hours on Saab 340 for one year. I guarantee you at least 300 quality hours of operation under EASA OPS. Of course I take the salary. But hey, you will gain experience! :O